Southcliffe. C4 Bollox

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by BuggerAll, Aug 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Watching Southcliffe C4's 'dark' drama. Had good reviews. Supposed to have been well researched. 45 mins in and so far it bollox. If that's what a well researched program looks like I'd hate to think what TV shows are like when they just make shit up.

You'll be please to know that it's got several of arrse's favourite military themes. Actors in beret you could land a helicopter on. Ex squaddy gun but walts. Serving squad dies who don't realise they are. Badly injured servicemen in hospital wards with old people...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  2. I don't know, the main characters mum had a shit in her handbag she referred to as treasure and he has a killer ginger beard.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BuggerAll

Oh dear, poor old mum.

4. You'd almost think they trawled ARRSE for research.
  5. I thought they did that with The League of Gentlemen.

6. Worst collection of berets ever seen in one room.I couldn't understand what the main character was saying most of the time.method acting ,I suppose.Was it filmed in Faversham/Whitstable area?
  7. Was it filmed in Faversham/Whitstable area?

8. Ja, good ol' Faversham. They filmed out along the creek too.
  9. I couldn't understand what the redneck was saying either.
    A bit underwhelmed tbh. Putting the beret faux pas aside. The introduction of "potential" perps with a reason to get medieval with backwater Faversham was ruined by "oh, it was the funny looking walty fella all along"
    Too many ad breaks.
  10. The pub featured was "the market" which has very good live music and the other one briefly shown was "the shipwrights" if you like your real ale is worth a visit, only the owner is a right miserable old git.
  11. Persisted only because I like Rory Kinear as an actor. More holes in the plot than a collander though.
  12. I sat through it wondering when it would start to be honest. The recent popularity of Scandinavian dramas and their continental shift plotting seems to have rubbed off on it.

******* dull as dishwater. I actually wanted it to skip to the senseless massacre of innocent civilians to brighten it up a bit.
  13. She's ex-SAS. They never leave theirs behind.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BuggerAll

15. I've just watched this and I'm not sure whether it was fish or fowl. Walty gun nuts with AK's and G3's. Drug taking gullible squaddies, a back story just audible about Kabul falling to the opposition.
    I sense an underlying left wing slant but I fear I'll be compelled to watch the next episode in order to satisfy my morbid curiosity the same way that when you stand in something squelchy in the street, you just have to look in order to have your fears confirmed.
    Although I'm not sure if Mail writer Christopher Stevens journalistic outrage was more due to the journos in the drama being portrayed as arrogant, braying throbbers.

P.S It takes about 10 minutes to shape a beret, who the frig advises the wardrobe people on these programmes?