South Wales/Cardiff/Pontypridd

Anyone in either 3rd Battalion The Royal Welsh(C Company) or
53 Signals Squadron who could let me know of any 'open' nights coming up?
I've tried ringing the numbers I got from rfca at Maindy but no one ever seems to be in :(

For the areas you've mentioned you are spoilt for choice with TA units and the RMR.

With Infantry, Artillery, R Mon RE (M), Para Field Ambulance and RLC you have no real need to show an interest in RSignals.

Best of luck,

the_Bat

the_Bat said:
For the areas you've mentioned you are spoilt for choice with TA units and the RMR.

With Infantry, Artillery, R Mon RE (M), Para Field Ambulance and RLC you have no real need to show an interest in RSignals.

Best of luck,

the_Bat
Don't forget there is also Int Corp, SAS and 203 Field Hospital in Cardiff/Newport as well! In short you're spoiled for choice in South Wales. I would suggest you have a think about what you want to do then aim specifically for particular unit. As for no one answering phones............ Try anyone of half a dozen Golf courses and you'll find most regular and NRPS staff there most afternoons :twisted:

Tonight (Weds) is drill night for the R Mon RE(M) who have a troop in Llandaff North. SHQ is at Cwmbran Tel 01633 838006 for details if interested

i've just turned 34 so SAS is out(plus i'm a knacker of fat), i'm not frontline NHS so out goes 203 Field Hospital and i don't fancy MI or the RLC
i don't think i'm fit enough for the Para Field Ambulance but i didn't realise that R Mon RE(M) had a troop in cardiff.
however i can't do wednesday drills so i'm looking at tuesdays(well till after christmas at least)

i work in IT/Comms so thats why i thought about the signals, although the mortars in ponty look pretty good :D
hopefully someone'll pick the phone up so i can speak to them :)

at the end of the day, i want to be doing and being more than i am now
its hard to explain without sounding like a tw@t, but that pepys quote keeps coming back
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier"
and i don't want to end up in my forties or fifties kicking myself and saying what if

neb