South Park fatwa fear

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bullet_catcher, Apr 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. it turns out (according to the latest episode) that it was Santa in the bear suit...
  2. Oh that just leaves me on the list then. (avatar)
  3. Good episode. I watch them on
  4. Phew, so that's all right then.
  5. The lastest episode raised the interesting and notable point one of my friends raised, which is that Mohammed was featured in a pre-Danish cartoon episode called 'Super Best Friends' (a superhero themed episode) alongside Moses, Buddha, Jesus etc.

Noone, anywhere appeared to make any published complaint of significance.

Suddenly we have the profoundly morally flawed individuals who thought that, as the picture of Mohammed with a bomb turban implied they belonged to a violent faith, it would probably be a sensible idea to engage in violence to prove this was an unfair depiction.

After this, South Park were banned by their network from showing Mohammed in their muslim-violence themed episode - despite the fact he appeared in an earlier episode.

Anyway, rant aside - what a FANTASTIC episode!

Watching Buddha snort cocaine off a mirror floored me. This 200th episode is a great tribute to the beautiful, delightfully offensive legacy Trey Parker and Matt Stone have left this world.

Can't wait till the second part (should be up today!) and highly recommend the latest series, it's one of the best so far!
  6. I was thinking of getting a new avatar, it might have made a good one.
  7. And on a war/Southpark themed point..

Did you guys hear about the American soldiers who seized a huge portrait of Saddam from his palace and presented it to Trey Parker and Matt Stone? Apparently they repeatedly made Saddam watch 'South Park Bigger, Longer, Uncut!' (in which he is depicted as a rampant homosexual living in hell and buggering Satan) whilst detained!
  8. If true, serves him right. I would not have carried on like him and have expected to get away with it.
  9. South park's Saddam makes me laugh, guy!