South Atlantic Medal - RAMC in auction

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Bedpan2zero, Nov 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Found it eventually, got weighlaid by the cheap QSA/ KSA's.
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I have to say that the blurb that goes with it is some fairly heavy reading!
  3. christ on a bike, some epic dits with some of those gongs!! The RAMC one particularly sobering
  4. feck me, is'nt it just.
  5. Hospitals.... Yuk! Hate 'em. (You're wondering where this is going aren't ya)? However, whatever the reason for the BMH visit.... always found meself wandering the halls hunting out the A4 sized piccy frames that housed a small print and blurb, outlining the "derring do" of one of the many RAMC VC winners. Heroic stuff indeed.
  6. sorry Ventie - thought i'd saved the link directly to the page

Lot 228, page 16

I was sent the link re: the VC collection going up for auction, then I saw all that possible walting material then found the SA Medal, just reading Medic too

sobering thoughts indeed
  7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The VC is just out of my budget but there are some nice £30 BWM/ VM pairs and they could be cheaper than eBay!
  8. VC group went for £290,000 - 70,000 over the estimate
    Waterloo medal went fro £6,000 - doubled the estimate
    The Falklands medal went for £1200 - top estimate

Gulf one medal went for £120
  9. £290,000 thats cheap!
    the WW1 medal group of Capt Noel Chavasse RAMC and liverpool scottish was recently aquired for the lord ashcroft collection for £1.5 million.
    Although 290,000 is a world record for a single V.C.