South African Singer

Old quip used to be 'What has 37 legs and 22 teeth?'

The front row at a Bles Bridges concert.

wolfgang

Old-Salt
My ex-wifes cousin was a huge Daniel O'Donnell fan.She told of once being invited backstage to meet her idol.My ears pricked up in anticipation of a tale of depravity involving mars bars,phone handsets and local wildlife allegedly used by musical types to 'entertain' groupies.
My disappointment must only have been outdone by his when she proudly presented him with a pot of home-made jam.

My ex-wifes cousin was a huge Daniel O'Donnell fan.She told of once being invited backstage to meet her idol.My ears pricked up in anticipation of a tale of depravity involving mars bars,phone handsets and local wildlife allegedly used by musical types to 'entertain' groupies.
My disappointment must only have been outdone by his when she proudly presented him with a pot of home-made jam.
Mrs Doyle Walt

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I was chatting with my Saffer friend today, she only just managed to get back to the UK
I mentioned music, and she said Sixto Rodriguez was her idol, but they were told he had died
something to do with his political views, she was really surprised to find him still alive and well

I was chatting with my Saffer friend today, she only just managed to get back to the UK
I mentioned music, and she said Sixto Rodriguez was her idol, but they were told he had died
something to do with his political views, she was really surprised to find him still alive and well

Oscar winning documentary about it... download it for your friend

However, I fcuking HATE Rodriguez. Used to hear that bloody cassette a nauseum wheever we went on school sports trips.
For some reason, Rodriguez, Carle King's Tapestry and Neil Young After the Gold Rush were THE tapes to have.

As I recall, the stoners were all listening to Rodrigues and After the Gold Rush, Harvest for those trying to trap along with Tapestry and getting all drippy about it, and the ones getting some hot bike shed finger action were listening to Shawn Philips. Ballad of Casey Deiss was the long winded one that lubed the gussets.

As I recall, the stoners were all listening to Rodrigues and After the Gold Rush, Harvest for those trying to trap along with Tapestry and getting all drippy about it, and the ones getting some hot bike shed finger action were listening to Shawn Philips. Ballad of Casey Deiss was the long winded one that lubed the gussets.
True about the stoners - the lifesaver's shack at Nahoon would guarantee to have either of those LPs blaring out.

Some of my best holidays as a kid at Nahoon. Got stung to fook by torpedo rays in the lagoon there netting for bait. Used to have to dodge surfers spearfishing on the reef. Bloody aggressive lot for a bunch of stoners.

Some of my best holidays as a kid at Nahoon. Got stung to fook by torpedo rays in the lagoon there netting for bait. Used to have to dodge surfers spearfishing on the reef. Bloody aggressive lot for a bunch of stoners.
I lived on the other side of the river.
Used to carry the boogie board down, paddle across, then head over to the reef.
Aaah, great days indeed. All to a capital 604 soundtrack

Up on the hill/cliffs? There was a landing in a bend there we used to fish sometimes. Small buoy anchored there in a deepish bit of the channel. Nice place to lurk and watch what was going in and out with the tide. Saw a couple of raggies but mainly mullet, grunter and the odd skipjack.

Up on the hill/cliffs? There was a landing in a bend there we used to fish sometimes. Small buoy anchored there in a deepish bit of the channel. Nice place to lurk and watch what was going in and out with the tide. Saw a couple of raggies but mainly mullet, grunter and the odd skipjack.
Yep.
Blue Bend.
I was about 1km inland from there.
1639111701554.jpeg

That's the one. Were you up near the bridge?

Weren't allowed to spearfish there but if you went when it was quiet around sunrise and lay in wait hanging on the buoy, bagging the odd fat grunter (sounds filthy - fnarr, fnarr!) was a doddle. Saw most of the Johnnies around that time as well.

That pic looks shit. Overly built up and probably infested with demanding arsehats. One or two houses back in the day, the rest just thick bush. Bloody property developer parasites. May they all rot away to the puddles of slime they came from.

That's the one. Were you up near the bridge?

Weren't allowed to spearfish there but if you went when it was quiet around sunrise and lay in wait hanging on the buoy, bagging the odd fat grunter (sounds filthy - fnarr, fnarr!) was a doddle. Saw most of the Johnnies around that time as well.

That pic looks shit. Overly built up and probably infested with demanding arsehats. One or two houses back in the day, the rest just thick bush. Bloody property developer parasites. May they all rot away to the puddles of slime they came from.
Nope - on the 'plateau' which is Beacon Bay.
Friends of mine used to have a place overlooking the whole lagoon, but when the resort (Blue bend) turned from holiday shacks to upmarket twatsville, they sold up and shifted

as it is now:
1639116300661.jpeg

It's a hole. destroyed the character of the place. Probably throw teddies if you dared to fish on 'their' side of the river.

Latest Threads