South African Police Special Task Force

Discussion in 'Southern Africa' started by Effendi, Mar 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I watched this a couple or so years ago and found it very interesting.

The Safi Plod Task Force is a like a THEM plod unit, makes SO19 look like a bunch of airsofters, to get into the unit you pass a selection which in parts resembles the Recce selection procedure.

Get yerself a coffee or a tinnie and enjoy.

South African Special Task Force Episode 1 - Full - YouTube

South African Special Task Force Episode 2 - Full - YouTube

Their website gives a few more up to date details along with a breakdown of the selection process.

Home Page
  2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Taakmag selection is hardly on a par with that of the Recces but is very demanding.
    They work bloody hard for the position and it's kept up after badging.

Unfortunately even with the extra pay it's still poor recompense for their work.
  3. The Yarpies Plod is all over the news down here this evening, handcuffing a taxi driver to the back of a police van because he's parked in the wrong place then driving off dragging him along the ground isn't very clever, especially when he ends up dead.
  4. I think most of those in the clips are now working the circuit outside SA. Few of them have hung around to be treated like crap and passed over in favour of less qualified colleagues because of govt policies. Your average run of the mill Saffer cop these days is a badly trained, unfit, barely literate thug who rents out his firearm to criminals if he's not taking part in the shenanigans himself. It's getting worse as standards fall and govt just doesn't give a shit, providing a reflection of the regime itself. Pretty much ops normal for Africa.

As for the xenophobia shown, not the first time and won't be the last. It's a tribal/cultural thing.

Can anyone tell I'm not impressed by the clowns in charge?
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. I was shown the Safi internal plod monthly magazine, must have been nearly three years ago now, it was after I watched the Task Force docu's. It showed some dumpy, short, black plodette who had apparently passed Task Force selection with flying colours. Politics in action.
  6. Yup, big surprise there. One of the local metros advertised for recruits to fill a couple of positions. One of the selection criteria was a fitness test. As I recall a lot of bleating came about re "human rights" when the fat idle buggers began falling over and a couple of them ended up in hospital. Utter fuckwittery of the highest order. SA is doomed. Hope that orange **** Hain is happy.
  7. Yup, that'll be one where 1,500 people applied for 90 vacancies and the fitness test was basically a race-off off held in a couple of football stadiums.

No food or drink supplied for at least six hours prior to the mid-afternoon 2.4 mile run in 35C.

Seven dead and 230 in hospital.

Utter fuckwittery indeed.
  8. I really liked the fact that a) during the hostage rescue (first 5 minutes of the first video) not a single Officer was wearing a ballistic helmet and b) for a nation that is 9.2% white, the Special Task Force is majority (if not predominately) white.
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

237+ examples of shite admin then.
  10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

No blacks in 4 Recce either.
    Not because of any colour discrimination but the cse - over and above passing selection - is not reknowned to be the easiest.
  11. So hard that a small section of the population, easily identifiable and historically renowned for legalised racism, provide the vast majority of the members.
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Oh right, that must be the reason...
  13. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Next you will be questioning why group think means that the SAS is mostly made up of Para but is no way related to the SAS instructors being Para, who are replaced by new instructors who were recruited by the ex Paras and tend to be Paras. No me you understand.
  14. Darwinism in action.
  15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Ag, I'm sure the SA SF Bde would benefit greatly from your combined insight into selection of suitable operators.
    You should drop a line to Recruitment at Private Bag X888 in Pta, alternatively try writing directly to the Gen Offr Cmd SF to see if he shares your views.