South African Citizen wanting to join the British ARMY

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Schoemantjie, Aug 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly Hello

okay so I am South African citizen all my life, I have a career and everything that I want in life,
    except that I am in a career that isn't my DREAM

My father assembled military vehicles as his job a few years back and from there onwards I wanted to join the army.

I have been to the military base in South Africa and there its seems to be a game, the people is not serious,
    and they are not really passionate about what they are doing.

I am 23 years old, but I don't have any sponsorship or a lot of money.

could someone please assist me in what I could do and where I should go.

I read some of the threads but didn't really get info.

please help

2. Short version - you're going to need a UK visa with a work permit and a letter from the South African consulate confirming that you aren't required for military service in SA. Once you've got all that you'll go through exactly the same recruitment process as everyone else.

Everthing you need to know should be on here:

http://www.army.mod.uk/welfare-support/23209.aspx

3. what is the amount of money that is involved?
    why does it seem like a very difficult task to join the army?

where is the days where you were forced to join ARMY?

4. They still exist for the terminally poor but not for Johnnie Foreigner, so **** off, you're not getting in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Also you will have to have resided within the UK for 5 years or have a Visa with indefinite leave to remain. Army website has it all.

6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

You're too late boet.

You have to be resident in the UK for 5 years before you will be accepted - so unless you have a British Passport from Mom and Dad or a Ancestry Visa through Grandad AND have been living in the UK for 5 years you are out of luck.

7. Fcuk me!......every south african I have ever met claims to have been SF and saw action in Angola even though they were only 2 years old at the time of that conflict.

After working with them on and off for the past 15 years in both the PMC and oil sectors I can honestly say that I have never met one who you could trust or was actually good at his job, or didn't try to oust all the other nationalities on the project so that it could be filled with the Yarpie cnuts. Trigger happy fcukers!

Fcuk off and join one of the armies elsewhere in bongo bongo land.

8. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Anyone considered this might be a reporter, given the inappropriate comments in the 'BongoBongo Land' thread? No? Just me then?

• Like Like x 1
  9. What? me or the Yarpie?

10. And I'm sure they all thought you were the dog's bollocks. Muppet.

11. I hear there are lot of opportunities in Aleppo right now. Its BYO weapon though.....

12. Please also be aware mr OP (if you are real and not a reporter) that you would never be able to return to SA without being arrested as having served as a mercenary...

Good luck!

Have you considered joining AQ instead, I believe virgins are a side benefit

13. I was promised a Brownie when I joined the cubs. It tasted like shit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Did they ever specify if the virgins were male or female, as it would be a useful thing to know, just so i know whether to pack extra strong condoms for the men or featherlites for the ladies

15. Why bother? They'll cure the AIDS regardless.