Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by JoeStrummer, Mar 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know where you can buy sets of South African chest webbing (not the vest, the brown stuff that looks similar to our own chest rig)?

2. Is this the stuff that holds 3 SLR Mags, or has 3 pouches for SLR Mags?
  3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Is it the Pattern 83 you need ? How many ?
  4. Not sure if it is known as 83 Pat (I'm definately not after the assault vest type thing) I'm looking for the chest rig, which looks similar to our own, but in brown ( with black straps) with three mag pouches (could indeed be 7.62 size) and a smaller ouch (greade/FFD?) Can anyone help?
  5. They were plentiful, and quite cheap a few years back, but I haven't seen any for a while. Should be good solid kit if you can get hold of one.
  6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Yes it is the Pattern 83 rig.
    Do you just want the one ?
    Does it have to be Nutria ?
    There might be another that better suits your needs, so what job/wpn will you have ?
  7. I think I have one knocking about if you want one, yours for £15, I'll check the bottom of my locker later and let you know...!
  8. Transworld Surplus in Rugby has/had a contact in South Africa - he can get you pretty much anything that they've had. Nice chap - his name escapes me!
  9. Come on chaps, surely someone out there knows where I can easily and quickly get my hands on one!?
  10. Strummer, I've just ordered 100 from South Africa. UK delivery expected next week, ready for despatch to you end of next week. (all going to plan that is...) PM me for more or visit website and send an email from there.
  11. **** off you journo scumbag!!!
  12. HHH

HHH LE

I think you'll find he was reply to a post by leighrj who's account was binned.
    (see the post above yours where it's quoted)