South African Assault Vest by Viper - Reviews?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by muzungu_marlow, Feb 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone used this kit before? Thinking of buying a couple for my upcoming project, seem pretty cheap. Having never used privately made kit, not sure of quality. At 25 quid seems too good to be true.
  2. The SAAV is a good design. Viper is not a good manufacturer. Cheap as chips and half as durable.
  3. Total bag of sh1te TBH. As stated above a good design but about as durable as a leper in a bath ;)
  4. p1ssflaps. Any better manufacturers?
  5. Yeah, the South African forces! The original one is bomb proof. If you are prepared to spend a few quid and I mean a few quid, JayJays will make you one up in DPM and I believe Troopers will too.
  6. From what I have heard the original SAAV's are quite hard to get hold of these days.
  7. The one that highlander do aren't TOO bad. Better than Viper anyway.
  8. A south african mate of mine had an original brown SAAV, and it was indeed excellent. The Viper copies are a peice of crap, much like most of thier kit. Avoid!
  9. viper SAAV are good for the acf and airsoft any thing tougher and its crap but its only £25. If your not gonna crawl around or laod it up with heavy kit why not
  10. Did you ever flog that gucci handguard, or did you end up nailing it on the wall as a trophy?
  11. nop still got it
  12. I hada the Viper version in DPM and it was a bag of shite, The stitching came loose, it was a bastard to clean and to dry after getting wet, So I sold it and got some OD PLCE which hasn't gone wrong yet.
  13. Not great if you have a bergan or patrol pack on over the top, the back pouch gets in the way, mine fell apart, but what should you expect for £25