South African Assault Vest by Viper - Reviews?

Has anyone used this kit before? Thinking of buying a couple for my upcoming project, seem pretty cheap. Having never used privately made kit, not sure of quality. At 25 quid seems too good to be true.

The SAAV is a good design. Viper is not a good manufacturer. Cheap as chips and half as durable.

Yeah, the South African forces! The original one is bomb proof. If you are prepared to spend a few quid and I mean a few quid, JayJays will make you one up in DPM and I believe Troopers will too.

A south african mate of mine had an original brown SAAV, and it was indeed excellent. The Viper copies are a peice of crap, much like most of thier kit. Avoid!

viper SAAV are good for the acf and airsoft any thing tougher and its crap but its only £25. If your not gonna crawl around or laod it up with heavy kit why not

thecoops said:
viper SAAV are good for the acf and airsoft any thing tougher and its crap but its only £25. If your not gonna crawl around or laod it up with heavy kit why not
Did you ever flog that gucci handguard, or did you end up nailing it on the wall as a trophy?

nop still got it

R

rordog95

I hada the Viper version in DPM and it was a bag of shite, The stitching came loose, it was a bastard to clean and to dry after getting wet, So I sold it and got some OD PLCE which hasn't gone wrong yet.

Not great if you have a bergan or patrol pack on over the top, the back pouch gets in the way, mine fell apart, but what should you expect for £25

thecoops said:
Nope, not even good for the ACF. We had a cadre trialling them last Annual to see if they would replace 58patt as the standard webbing. Thankfully my cadre wasn't selected to trial it, but the ones that did had a total arse of a time, with pouches falling off, only being able to fit one magazine into a mag pouch and the world's worst buckle system.

Avoid it like the plague, it's cheap for a reason!

Smelly_Tiger said:
thecoops said:
Nope, not even good for the ACF. We had a cadre trialling them last Annual to see if they would replace 58patt as the standard webbing. Thankfully my cadre wasn't selected to trial it, but the ones that did had a total arse of a time, with pouches falling off, only being able to fit one magazine into a mag pouch and the world's worst buckle system.

Avoid it like the plague, it's cheap for a reason!
The viper one is shocking, particularly the bloody buckle system!!
The highlander one is a bit better - it has 2x quick release clips over each kidney pouch.

S

swampmonster

Viper SA tig is cack, fell to bits, and to be honest the rear long back pouches are not worth F@ck to man nor beast...the buckles broke after only one exercise..so it would not last 5 Mins on ops....and it wont carry anything near PLCE webbing, so save your cash or buy a better rig.....I bought the Karrimor one couple of years back for under £100 and its had a fair bit of use now...and with the smaller pouches being able to move its handy..good PRR pouch too :)