South Africa gone down the Zimbabwe route.

Once again the question:- What the actual fuck did the liberal west think would happen handing over a working economy to the ANC thieves and thugs and their supporters?
You keep asking that question but so far no-one has attempted to answer it. Maybe the liberal west thought that the African nations would form nice liberal tolerant democracies just like in Western Europe and North America?

Yup. Under licence from HK. G3K3 was also the biff medical classification that put you in the clerk/storeman/chef category. We used to refer to it as the light duty weapon, as carried by biffs, ie, SAAF.

Yup. Under licence from HK. G3K3 was also the biff medical classification that put you in the clerk/storeman/chef category. We used to refer to it as the light duty weapon, as carried by biffs, ie, SAAF.
So if the R1 is a licence-built FAL, the R2 a G3 and the R4/R5 a Galil (more or less) then what was the R3...??!!!

Indeed. Though semi auto only.
All sadly destroyed courtesy of the UN.
Hang on - a semi-auto version of the FAL was the "right hand of freedom" for over a quarter of a century!

It also managed to vigorously impose Her Majesty's will on a bunch of dago upstarts equiped with its full-auto delinquent cousin, too.

Hang on - a semi-auto version of the FAL was the "right hand of freedom" for over a quarter of a century!

It also managed to vigorously impose Her Majesty's will on a bunch of dago upstarts equiped with its full-auto delinquent cousin, too.
Most "metric" FALs were selective fire. The R3 was a very rare exception, especially as a semi with a folding stock. I think they were intended for police rather than military use.

Most "metric" FALs were selective fire. The R3 was a very rare exception, especially as a semi with a folding stock. I think they were intended for police rather than military use.
Really? From the footage I've seen the police were more wanting of a full-auto weapo... - oh, right; I see...

Police had their own semi auto R1 with fixed stock. Folding stock was para IIRC. In any case, full auto wasn't something we did. Just weren't trained for it except on the MAG and anyone dumb enough to hit the wrong selector setting on the range would spend a couple of hours becoming extremely fit in addition to the run back to camp.

Even on ops it was frowned upon as something stupid. Cardinal rule was to identify your target and know what you were shooting at.

The US head-down-blatting-away-at-a-distant-target-on-full-auto thing we see on footage of the Iraq war was verboten and would earn you ridicule and an enhanced fitness regime.

Last edited:
Bloody hell. Given the apparent levels of violence against the European population, it has me flummoxed that people still want to visit, let alone move there.

'A mum has described how she was brutally raped in front of her three kids after a gunman broke into their farm. Nicky, 45, says she endured a four-hour “living nightmare” as Sebenzile Simane also molested her daughter and threatened to kill her son in March last year. The former farm worker felt he had been wronged by her husband Heine, 44, and shot his way on to the property in South Africa determined to “chop him into pieces”, tying up his family and stealing their money.'

Mum brutally raped in front of kids by gunman in South Africa

I'm sure those who wished this upon the country will occupy their old spots outside South Africa House to protest against the appalling levels of crime and violence.

Or not...

I'm sure those who wished this upon the country will occupy their old spots outside South Africa House to protest against the appalling levels of crime and violence.

Or not...
At this point in time any South African in the aircraft maintenance field (including apprentices) can just walk into Canada no problem and skip to the head of the line even without a job offer.

Any particular skills or general piston licences good enough?

Mate's sprog and family are young enough to make a go of it given the chance.

Any particular skills or general piston licences good enough?

Mate's sprog and family are young enough to make a go of it given the chance.
It’s all open from sheet metal bashers to turbine techs and everything in between. Not enough bods to keep up with those retiring, schools aren’t putting out enough apprentices. The only ones who seem to be applying are Eastern Europeans and a smattering from the subcontinent.

Bloody hell. Given the apparent levels of violence against the European population, it has me flummoxed that people still want to visit, let alone move there.

'A mum has described how she was brutally raped in front of her three kids after a gunman broke into their farm. Nicky, 45, says she endured a four-hour “living nightmare” as Sebenzile Simane also molested her daughter and threatened to kill her son in March last year. The former farm worker felt he had been wronged by her husband Heine, 44, and shot his way on to the property in South Africa determined to “chop him into pieces”, tying up his family and stealing their money.'

Mum brutally raped in front of kids by gunman in South Africa
Farm - animals - untermenchen

It’s all open from sheet metal bashers to turbine techs and everything in between. Not enough bods to keep up with those retiring, schools aren’t putting out enough apprentices. The only ones who seem to be applying are Eastern Europeans and a smattering from the subcontinent.
Cheers. Will pass on the heads up. He has a young family so education in sub par schools and later job opportunities for kids with the incorrect reflective index not good.

It boggles the mind that honkies would even have kids in SA today.