South Africa gone down the Zimbabwe route.

Zim is a resource rich country, as is Angola and the DRC, Gabon, EG, Sudan, Nigeria, Moz, et al. Most African countries have resources but they're pretty much all screwed. It requires the will to make things work and a move away from the culture of self enrichment in government.

Well done the libtard mongs who thought this fucking clown show in charge would be a good idea.

cANCer crap.JPG

more cANCer crap.JPG

Oh-oh. I left Botswana four years ago, thinking the country was in good hands, and since then I've frequently quoted their exemplary governance in contrast to most all other African states. But since Khama left office, it seems that they're reverting to type:
KHAMA Rhino sanctury was a good safe area. Guarded by the Army , cheapish and super toilets.Hope its still there.

Got a mate in Maun, ex crab, and he reckons the local conservation bloke is seriously pissed off with the way things are going there, particularly govt's lack of a shit to give without Khama to drive things when it comes to protecting the rhinos.

KHAMA Rhino sanctury was a good safe area. Guarded by the Army , cheapish and super toilets.Hope its still there.
It was and is; I don't think it's been raided, but the present President has taken the weapons from rangers throughout the country, which is an open invitation to bandits. The Orapa diamond mine has a small reserve, and on the licence as a whole most animals mostly feel safe to wander among the plant and housing (they can be a bloody pest at times) - the rhino are in a large enclosure, mind.
piginadrain.jpg

IMG_00000116.jpg

P8165663.jpg

Last edited:
It was and is; I don't think it's been raided, but the present President has taken the weapons from rangers throughout the country, which is an open invitation to bandits. The Orapa diamond mine has a small reserve, and on the licence as a whole most animals mostly feel safe to wander among the plant and housing (they can be a bloody pest at times) - the rhino are in a large enclosure, mind.
View attachment 378975
View attachment 378976
I took a wrong turn driving from Khama to Kubu island , drove right upto the mine gates. Thought I was in area 51 as the guards ran out to stop us.

Why are you here, how are you here , what are you doing here?

I took a wrong turn driving from Khama to Kubu island , drove right upto the mine gates. Thought I was in area 51 as the guards ran out to stop us.

Why are you here, how are you here , what are you doing here?
Bloody right too; you're lucky I wasn't on my shift at the gate. You would have got the 'What's all this, then? Kubu? A likely story, m'lad'. Now, come along like a nice gentleman. Clang' treatment. We knew your sort.

Dread

LE
Bloody right too; you're lucky I wasn't on my shift at the gate. You would have got the 'What's all this, then? Kubu? A likely story, m'lad'. Now, come along like a nice gentleman. Clang' treatment. We knew your sort.
I never knew that old_bloke was black...

...surely if a bwana turns up at the gates he is given tea and other suitable refreshments?

I never knew that old_bloke was black...

...surely if a bwana turns up at the gates he is given tea and other suitable refreshments?
Some chance. I was the only white-eye there, apart from the distinctly weird GM, among 3000 Batswana. I knew my place (barrier up, wave through, tug forelock, barrier down.)

NSP

LE
Funny place to wear your rank. And when they said, "Get your stripes sown on," that's not really what they meant.
The lower your rank, the lower it's placed. As an adviser (albeit of the barrier-up, barrier-down variety) mine was below the knee. You could have at least mentioned that my Wranglers were nicely creased.

NSP

LE
The lower your rank, the lower it's placed. As an adviser (albeit of the barrier-up, barrier-down variety) mine was below the knee. You could have at least mentioned that my Wranglers were nicely creased.
I would've if I could've seen a crease.

Oh...

Latest Threads