South Africa gone down the Zimbabwe route.

Knew Kevin Carter and used to have the odd beer with him. Bit of a manic depressive but not a bad bloke. Moods would be up and down like a yoyo but seemed mainly fairly OK. Wouldn't be surprised if he had some serious PTSD with the things he saw.

Thing about the press, the riots used to be fairly well behaved until they turned up, at which point it all kicked off for the cameras. They'd also get advance warning from the ANC who were arranging the violence and be there waiting when it all kicked off. IMO the media are indirectly responsible for more than a few gruesome deaths due to rioters acting up for the cameras. Quite evident from the stills and film clips of armed 'protesters' mugging it up and from what troops on the ground saw in the behaviour of crowds with press around.
Not to mention the evening blat from Serb guns overlooking Sarajevo, due to be filmed by a journo but he turned up late. Asked for just one more shell, and the round fell in the city which had come out of it's shelters because the evening blat was over. Hopefully his colleagues got some nice footage of the funerals too.

Ja, then they stand around with long faces and wonder why troops tell them to go fuck a cactus when they show up.

I remember a neighbor of mine(liberal student, blonde, pretty, shopped at OXFAM and very much a SJW before that ever became known as that) and she was always preaching about the evils of Apartheid and how everyone should boycott ZA produce. That's fine. Your entitled to your opinion. Now that ZA and Zim have gone down the toilet she won't mention them as "issues".
Now she has moved onto the "all refugees welcome" argument. Completely oblivious to the chaos she helped create! Just interested in jumping on the next "right on" movement or cause!

In fact, now that I think about it even more the current refugee problem is a symptom of the first. "Countries" that are in reality failed states and little more than banana republics. By tolerating their existence we are doomed to receive more "refugees" the majority of which are actually economic migrants.

Also in the irritating things thread:

Company with which I have a policy now want to give away shares to a BBBEEE entity with their snouts in the trough. They're not buying the shares, oh no! Shares will be financed out of company funds that would usually go towards growth, dividends and so forth. Basically free shares which are funded by policy holders. So called BBBEEE companies have had over a quarter of a century with everything stacked in their favour to get it right. Despite that they still need to be given free stuff and the mockers put on non PC business (ie, hobble those who don't give away their businesses to the entitled) to compete, giving the lie to the constant barrage of propaganda regarding how wonderfully African it all is.

Apparently this will make things smell like roses and everything will be just peachy with the new shareholders on board. We'll just have to hope it doesn't go the same way as other basket cases who have folded due to this practice, along with the cronies at VBS Bank who made off with 1.8 BILLION once they had their snouts in the trough.

SA is truly fucked.

It will be messy...
at 0:58 "Much of this land, taken by conquest and the displacement of black south africans...'
Utter bollocks from the BBC
How was the land actually taken?
1) Trade. A few beads, some cattle and some brummagen goods, and you nabbed a lot of land
2) Settlement. The tribes were nomadic, so if they weren't occupying the land, you nabbed it. In addition, much of the land WAS unoccupied because of those pesky mosquitoes and tsetse flies, but that clever western medicine made it 'liveable'
3) Treaties. Both the boers and the British provided protection to tribes, in return for land.
4) War. Yep, this did happen. However, nowhere near the scale of the Zulus, who just grabbed land and enslaved other tribes. Interestingly, the Zulu nation at present is up in arms, howling "No no, this is OUR land!"

Well, if the hard of thinking take it on board and see it as more justification for increasing the ongoing murders of white people (particularly farmers), I have no doubt the BBC will swerve taking any responsibility at all in their usual slimy manner.

Well, if the hard of thinking take it on board and see it as more justification for increasing the ongoing murders of white people (particularly farmers), I have no doubt the BBC will swerve taking any responsibility at all in their usual slimy manner.
Mr Lardbeast, a Question if I might.

As the situation is so dire at the moment, its almost certainly going to get worse, and very unlikely to improve, why aren't you and all the other whiteys legging it for the border with as much loot as you can carry?

It will be messy...
Am I right in assuming that when the land is reappropriated (if that's a word) that rather than being run as large-scale agricultural concerns producing food for the cities and so on it will be run as thousands of small subsistence enterprises with perhaps some minor surplus being sold in local markets?

As the situation is so dire at the moment, its almost certainly going to get worse, and very unlikely to improve, why aren't you and all the other whiteys legging it for the border with as much loot as you can carry?

Been answered before. Nowhere to go for most. Unlike Rhodesians very few have links to other countries. Most families have been here for several generations.

As for loot, not much of that around and exchange controls make it difficult to ship money offshore. Most would have to sell their homes to have any portable assets worth taking along and there aren't a lot of buyers.

Am I right in assuming that when the land is reappropriated (if that's a word) that rather than being run as large-scale agricultural concerns producing food for the cities and so on it will be run as thousands of small subsistence enterprises with perhaps some minor surplus being sold in local markets?
Pretty much. Same-same Zim.

You'd think so but the ruling regime differs in their opinion. As for Malema, he's whipped up crowds in the past calling for murder of whites or to drive them into the sea.

Apparently not hate speech though...

Email from the opposition party.

Fellow South African,
This is a grave day for South Africa’s democracy…
The Constitutional Review Committee met today and the ANC successfully pushed through a vote to allow the Constitution to be amended for land expropriation without compensation.
You could lose your right to own property if we do not take urgent action!
If we let them get away with this, you could lose your right to own your home or your business and become a permanent tenant of the ANC/EFF government. Investor confidence will plummet, and as a result, we will add millions more to the jobless queue.
Please help fund our campaign to stop this destructive policy, which could include court action.
It is your last chance of protecting your right to property ownership. Your last chance to protect your right to pass your assets on to your children.
The time for action is now!
Regards,

Mmusi Maimane
DA Leader

I was talking to a lady last week who has just got out of Cape Town to the UK.She has a British passport, those who do not consider themselves 'trapped' there.

Get the whites out and leave the rest to fester.

Deny them any aid when it all goes tits up, OR, offer them a decent amount of tied aid, which a high interest rate.

You'd think so but the ruling regime differs in their opinion. As for Malema, he's whipped up crowds in the past calling for murder of whites or to drive them into the sea.

Apparently not hate speech though...
I wonder out loud what would happen if Malema and his ilk actually succeeded and got something going to wreck whats left and a serious breakdown of law and order.... Given the best the world would do is white helmets standing around, would the whites if pushed so far into a corner, would they turn and fight.

I wonder out loud what would happen if Malema and his ilk actually succeeded and got something going to wreck whats left and a serious breakdown of law and order.... Given the best the world would do is white helmets standing around, would the whites if pushed so far into a corner, would they turn and fight.
I thought they were trying to take their guns away so they couldn't put up a fight.

SA is utterly fooked and there's signs of a genocide in the making, hope Geldof, Bono and his ilk are proud of themselves.