South Africa gone down the Zimbabwe route.

Where about in ZA do you live? I was thinking of maybe moving to Cape Town for a couple of years (if I coud get a job), but got told off by a few people who were asking me if I was nuts. I only heard good things about CT and how beautiful it is around those parts. Of course, now the increase in crime etc. is a different matter.

The dumb was because anyone in their right mind knows that the rainbow nation is f**ked and is going to get a lot worse.
Crime & corruption are rampant, the right on pc media won't report much of what happens there because it doesn't suit the crazy agenda of the left/liberal morons who think if you are white & lived/worked in Africa you are a racist exploiter of the poor hard done by Africans. :-(

The dumb was because anyone in their right mind knows that the rainbow nation is f**ked and is going to get a lot worse.
Crime & corruption are rampant, the right on pc media won't report much of what happens there because it doesn't suit the crazy agenda of the left/liberal morons who think if you are white & lived/worked in Africa you are a racist exploiter of the poor hard done by Africans. :-(
But even for a couple of years? Though, my plan of heading there next year is not happening as I decided to stay in the UK till I get my UK dual citizenship for which I will be eligible for soon. I had some German colleagues at my old job who were based there for about 3yrs I think, rave about the place. Minus the crime etc. of course. They did say that you have to keep your wits about and not drop your guard. They didn't have any issues, apart from a minor theft from their car. They keep raving about their time there, but at the same time are saddened by the deteriorating situation, like you mentioned.

This is the blurb from another site about safety. Apparently, according to HSBC, ZA is at bottom of the 46 countries they have on the list in terms of safety.

"
Safety
One thing you may need to be aware of before moving here is the level of safety. Several surveys rank Cape Town’s safety poorly, including HSBC’s Expat Explorer, which ranks South Africa’s safety as the worst of 46 countries.

The level of serious crime is high, with the city experiencing homicides, theft and assault. House burglary and robbery are also risks, which is why many people live in gated communities. It’s important to do your research when choosing where to buy or rent property in the city to minimise the risk.

It is also wise to ensure you’re not walking alone after dark because the risk of harm is also quite high. Duncan adds that “personal safety is an issue – if you are not vigilant then there is the potential that something could happen”.

As an expat, personal safety and security are one of the most important things to consider when you’re moving to a new city and country, which is why it’s best to do as much research as possible, so you know what to expect.

"

...the right on pc media won't report much of what happens there because it doesn't suit the crazy agenda of the left/liberal morons who think if you are white & lived/worked in Africa you are a racist exploiter of the poor hard done by Africans. :-(
Not to mention it would be admitting to the world their agenda has failed miserably, despite being warned exactly how it would go.

Meanwhile....

Best ways to explore the Rainbow Nation

Thus fully equipped and with benefit of progressive lefty leaning attitudes, friend of Mrs B and her bloke were trilling away about setting off on a three week tour of SA in November.

Flying to Cape Town, hiring a car and "just doing their own thing"

Bon chance.
Give us a break, man. the opening paragraph reads:
Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg present wonderfully diverse opportunities to explore the best of South Africa. Scenic beauty, thrilling safari and vibrant culture abound in these gateway cities...
Anyone who thinks they can get away with that sort of ill-edited rubbish is doing it for the word-count. (Shhh, look over there, behind that tree. Is that a buzz-word? It's being stalked by a more sanctimonious, but much nicer one)

Either by drone or watching The Discovery Channel.
The only part I intend spending any time in is the 250 square mile game reserve & as little time as possible outside it.
Thankfully the PH will be picking me up at either Port Elizabeth or East London airport & dropping me off there on the way back.
To think that back in the 90's, my Dad & sister spent six weeks trekking & camping in SA with more concern about disease & illness, rather than personal safety.

Truly sad.

Give us a break, man. the opening paragraph reads:

Anyone who thinks they can get away with that sort of ill-edited rubbish is doing it for the word-count. (Shhh, look over there, behind that tree. Is that a buzz-word? It's being stalked by a more sanctimonious, but much nicer one)
Diverse, vibrant and community. QED clearly written by some right on cnut.

Accurate prediction?

https://www.economist.com/sites/default/files/cf_images/20080322/D1208WW0.jpg

Who is going to give all that and more to South Africa?

As others have said there are a huge number of candidates, probably lead by Julius Malema with form like this...
"A watchdog for genocide, raised Boers (White South African farmers) to stage 6 of the 8 stages of genocide, after Malema sang a song with lines such as “Shoot the Boers, kill the farmers!” to a crowd of Black people."

As others have said there are a huge number of candidates, probably lead by Julius Malema with form like this...
"A watchdog for genocide, raised Boers (White South African farmers) to stage 6 of the 8 stages of genocide, after Malema sang a song with lines such as “Shoot the Boers, kill the farmers!” to a crowd of Black people."
I'm sure that some of the violence is related to burglary rather than inflammatory political rhetoric, but...

'In Tuesday night’s special report, ABC journalist Jonathan Holmes questioned whether the murders are politically or racially motivated, as claimed by the Afrikaner minority, or are just a “fact of life in one of the world’s most violent societies”.

“My dad always said it’s not if, it’s when,” Mr Engelbrecht said. “He knew it was coming. We all know it’s coming. It’s just a question of when. These farm attacks are partially motivated by money and partially by politics. Not only do they kill, but the way they kill. They torture you and hurt you. This is hate, this is political hate.”

Earlier this year, South Africa’s parliament voted in favour of a motion, brought by the radical Marxist Economic Freedom Fighters and supported by the ruling African National Congress, to begin the process of seizing white-owned land without compensation. EFF leader Julius Malema, who in 2016 told supporters he was “not calling for the slaughter of white people‚ at least for now”, has been accused of whipping up racial tensions. “We are taking the future into our own hands,” he told a rally attended by Foreign Correspondent. “Shoot to kill! Shoot to kill! Pow, pow!”

‘We all know it’s coming, it’s just a question of when’

I'm sure that some of the violence is related to burglary rather than inflammatory political rhetoric, but...

'In Tuesday night’s special report, ABC journalist Jonathan Holmes questioned whether the murders are politically or racially motivated, as claimed by the Afrikaner minority, or are just a “fact of life in one of the world’s most violent societies”.

“My dad always said it’s not if, it’s when,” Mr Engelbrecht said. “He knew it was coming. We all know it’s coming. It’s just a question of when. These farm attacks are partially motivated by money and partially by politics. Not only do they kill, but the way they kill. They torture you and hurt you. This is hate, this is political hate.”

Earlier this year, South Africa’s parliament voted in favour of a motion, brought by the radical Marxist Economic Freedom Fighters and supported by the ruling African National Congress, to begin the process of seizing white-owned land without compensation. EFF leader Julius Malema, who in 2016 told supporters he was “not calling for the slaughter of white people‚ at least for now”, has been accused of whipping up racial tensions. “We are taking the future into our own hands,” he told a rally attended by Foreign Correspondent. “Shoot to kill! Shoot to kill! Pow, pow!”

‘We all know it’s coming, it’s just a question of when’
Not the first time though is it?
Mount Carmel was one of about 4,500 white-owned farms in Zimbabwe in 2000, the year Mugabe's so-called land redistribution programme began. Today there are scarcely 300 left, and the seizures still continue.
Zimbabwe's white farmers once helped feed Africa – now their farms lie in ruins