South Africa gone down the Zimbabwe route.

This reply should hopefully answer javaguzzisti, dogmeat and Gravdigger as well.

I don't like to post it because it has the potential to portray a 'poor me' image, which I don't want but - I have mild cognitive impairment as well as virtually no memory, long or short. I forget what I've already posted and where. I lack the ability to research or to continue a line of thought, one of the reasons why I have to start from basic principles and build from there.

It's the reason I needed to ask for specific examples, because I wasn't able to think of them myself. It's why I can't work out why my musings are, or might be, rubbish. When I ask something, it's because I want to know/understand. It's not because I'm trying to challenge or trap anybody. I have no agenda.

The thought of publicly owned land occurred to me in response to this thread. Such musing as I was able to do led me to the idea of publicly owned land so I posted to see if there was any merit in the idea.

It's now clear that there is no merit in it, or at least none that I can discern. I have been persuaded and thus have no more cause to think about it. I'll have forgotten it by tomorrow.

My thanks to all.

The Zen Cretin

I particularly like that.
@Taffd we have crossed swords before and I have no problem with you.

Peace and love eh? Where's that rainbow now?

It all went pretty much as predicted. Doesn't help the country though. Funny how those who were so vocal back then about how wonderful it would be have all vanished.

see my post @ 184 about the new "monochrome" nation.

Loads of them used to line up outside South Africa House in London and a couple of other places to shout about how lovely it would be. Tumbleweeds and crickets there now.

I know that it has been mentioned earlier in this thread but, when, not if the shit hits the fan there, can the white folks become refugees, or is that the sole choice of the darker-hued of this world.

I know that it has been mentioned earlier in this thread but, when, not if the shit hits the fan there, can the white folks become refugees, or is that the sole choice of the darker-hued of this world.

If/when evictions or government violence start, I don't think that the white-ish Saffers will have much option but to withdraw to a defensible part of the country and take up arms.

If/when evictions or government violence start, I don't think that the white-ish Saffers will have much option but to withdraw to a defensible part of the country and take up arms.
Hmmm..... it will be interesting to see the reaction of the world if it is a white race being oppressed as such, rather than the supposed other way around.
Ethnic cleansing?

Hmmm..... it will be interesting to see the reaction of the world if it is a white race being oppressed as such, rather than the supposed other way around.
Ethnic cleansing?
Pretty sure the white saffers that are left will be portrayed as akin to neo Nazi Branch Davidians by BBC etc., if it gets to the point of them defending themselves en masse.

I hate to be crude, but is he in a relationship with a black chick or trying to get into ones knickers ?
I worked with a bloke who had a black Girlfriend, my God the duress he put us under and the blame for everything us whities did to oppress black people in the UK ( not my lot they were all incomers and moved here)
even the two west indian guys working with us threatened to fill him in, no surprise to find she was a political activist and lifelong student, ie leeched of the state |( also she was partial to smoking weed)
Very much doubt he is with a black lass. He defo bats for the other side. He will not last long under black rule.

He's already under black rule and doing OK so far. The official govt line is that LGBT et al is all cool and trendy and they're all for it. The reality, like everything else in SA, is that the stuff the liberal types like is all for western consumption to keep the media and other trendies on side while the place is looted.

'Corrective' rape of gay women is commonplace and gay men get short shrift in traditional communities. The cognitive disconnect is that the regime panders to western liberal mores while their rural (and urban) supporters rip the arse out of it sticking to their traditional values. The calls for Africanisation from the rabble rousers never let up, conveniently forgetting that pretty much everything shiny they covet is as a result of western science.

Ethnic cleansing?
Since it is not politically correct to acknowledge that racism is practised by anyone other than whites, it will simply be ignored.

The deafening sound of...silence!!

They tried that before when they had the power, and lost. This time, if it kicks off, they don't have the power and they will lose again, but it will be a bloodbath no doubt.
Mandela's vision only lasted as long as he was in power and while he was alive.

Mandela's vision only lasted as long as he was in power and while he was alive.
The Mandela Honeymoon, as it were, lasted until the prize clown Mbeki was axed.
Ramaphosa, the current honcho, was Mandela's choice for president, but he went into business instead.
Because the ANC is such a broad church, the factions all played off against each other, so there's not been a 'unified' cabinet since the Mandela days.
There are/were several camps:
The old guard like Govan Mbeki, Sisulu, Mandela, who'd been active in the 60s
The Euro exiles - many had spent the years in UK/ Europe /Russia flapping their gums in academia
The african exiles - those who'd gone north for military training etc
The home-radicals - those who got involved in the 'struggle' in South Africa, mostly made up of academics, unionists etc.
Obviously as each new leader came to power, they'd appoint their camp-mates into positions of incompetency!
Even during Mbeki's tenure, the backstabbing and vulture-circling had started.
Many saw political power as a means of enrichment.
"I didn't join the struggle to be poor!"
Now, 25-ish years on, the legacy is that many who were NOT part of the pre-1994 campaigns are involved, and trying to get their slice of the cake.
An ABC membership card is seen by many as a mealticket... and we are back to corrupt incompetents, cronyism-appointed incompetents, nepotism-appointments, and general mayhem in all departments.
Add to that the shady deals done with state-owned enterprises, huge kickbacks, the Gupta clan raping the nation 8 ways til Sunday, and it is not a pretty picture.
On a bright note, though, Ramaphosa's new cabinet kept a lot of the old incompetents, just re-assigned to otehr ministries.
Now the facts of their corruption during Zuma's tenure are coming out in public enquiries, so he has the excuse to throw them under the bus.

The Mandela Honeymoon, as it were, lasted until the prize clown Mbeki was axed.
Ramaphosa, the current honcho, was Mandela's choice for president, but he went into business instead.
Because the ANC is such a broad church, the factions all played off against each other, so there's not been a 'unified' cabinet since the Mandela days.
There are/were several camps:
The old guard like Govan Mbeki, Sisulu, Mandela, who'd been active in the 60s
The Euro exiles - many had spent the years in UK/ Europe /Russia flapping their gums in academia
The african exiles - those who'd gone north for military training etc
The home-radicals - those who got involved in the 'struggle' in South Africa, mostly made up of academics, unionists etc.
Obviously as each new leader came to power, they'd appoint their camp-mates into positions of incompetency!
Even during Mbeki's tenure, the backstabbing and vulture-circling had started.
Many saw political power as a means of enrichment.
"I didn't join the struggle to be poor!"
Now, 25-ish years on, the legacy is that many who were NOT part of the pre-1994 campaigns are involved, and trying to get their slice of the cake.
An ABC membership card is seen by many as a mealticket... and we are back to corrupt incompetents, cronyism-appointed incompetents, nepotism-appointments, and general mayhem in all departments.
Add to that the shady deals done with state-owned enterprises, huge kickbacks, the Gupta clan raping the nation 8 ways til Sunday, and it is not a pretty picture.
On a bright note, though, Ramaphosa's new cabinet kept a lot of the old incompetents, just re-assigned to otehr ministries.
Now the facts of their corruption during Zuma's tenure are coming out in public enquiries, so he has the excuse to throw them under the bus.
You have just stated in paragraphs exactly what I said in one sentence.