South Africa gone down the Zimbabwe route.

Throw SA out of the Commonwealth ?
HMQ will be standing down as Head of the Commonwealth soon. There's a real chance that 'the Commonwealth' as an entity could disband anyway, without the need to throw anyone out, as it isn't seen as a significant grouping of nations anymore. Ironically, the way of keeping it together would be If someone like Ramaphosa was appointed and took over (he'd bid for it if he felt that there are financial rewards to be had from taking over the reins, the corrupt sod couldn't resist) which would be seen as an attempt to keep the militant fuzzy wuzzy nations happy and reasonably on side..

I hope nobody suggests that as a workable proposal btw....else that WILL signal the end of the Commonwealth....

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps there is going to be a healthy helping of schadenfreude for those of who saw all this coming decades ago. I have not one shred of pity for the effects of what Africans have been doing to each other since their share of homo sapiens decided to stay home. But I expect we shall be stuck with the bill. Merc shares will be a buy though.

Schaden

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Edit - You're correct that I've never been to Africa and had/have no idea of how things work there.
@Taffd Then why don't you **** off like a nice little welsh person and stop trying to troll - you aren't equipped with the intellect or education to do so.

@Taffd Then why don't you **** off like a nice little welsh person and stop trying to troll - you aren't equipped with the intellect or education to do so.
Apart from not being Welsh, how exactly does a Welsh person **** off. Do nice little Welsh persons **** off differently compared to a nasty big one?

I wasn't trolling, you have no idea of my education and my intellect has been explained.

You may have noted that I was talking about an idea in the abstract, not espousing anything, specifically for Africa, nor indeed anywhere else.

This reply should hopefully answer javaguzzisti, dogmeat and Gravdigger as well.

I don't like to post it because it has the potential to portray a 'poor me' image, which I don't want but - I have mild cognitive impairment as well as virtually no memory, long or short. I forget what I've already posted and where. I lack the ability to research or to continue a line of thought, one of the reasons why I have to start from basic principles and build from there.

It's the reason I needed to ask for specific examples, because I wasn't able to think of them myself. It's why I can't work out why my musings are, or might be, rubbish. When I ask something, it's because I want to know/understand. It's not because I'm trying to challenge or trap anybody. I have no agenda.

The thought of publicly owned land occurred to me in response to this thread. Such musing as I was able to do led me to the idea of publicly owned land so I posted to see if there was any merit in the idea.

It's now clear that there is no merit in it, or at least none that I can discern. I have been persuaded and thus have no more cause to think about it. I'll have forgotten it by tomorrow.

My thanks to all.

The Zen Cretin

I particularly like that.
So long as you ent dead, it's all good.

Apart from not being Welsh, how exactly does a Welsh person **** off. Do nice little Welsh persons **** off differently compared to a nasty big one?

I wasn't trolling, you have no idea of my education and my intellect has been explained.

You may have noted that I was talking about an idea in the abstract, not espousing anything, specifically for Africa, nor indeed anywhere else.
You’re not ‘musing’ or talking in the abstract.

You’re just posting dozens of ******* stupid statements.

Stop being a ****.

You’re not ‘musing’ or talking in the abstract.

You’re just posting dozens of ******* stupid statements.

Stop being a ****.
No, I'm not. But I was.

Not sure there were dozens of stupid statements but thanks for your valued opinion.

I'll probably carry on being a ****. Try not to let it upset you too much, eh?

No, I'm not. But I was.

Not sure there were dozens of stupid statements but thanks for your valued opinion.

I'll probably carry on being a ****. Try not to let it upset you too much, eh?
Doesn’t upset me at all. Just more evidence that you’re a total throbber, and likely doing it on purpose.

In the unlikely event you aren’t purposely trolling CA with the stupidest ‘musings’ I’ve seen on this site ( including luminaries such as baglock and co), then you’re clearly a total spastic.

I’ll be sticking you on ignore, which I’d recommend to everyone else too. The chances of you ever giving an interesting ‘abstract thought’ or ‘musing’ is pretty ******* slim.

Enjoy your life.

Doesn’t upset me at all. Just more evidence that you’re a total throbber, and likely doing it on purpose.

In the unlikely event you aren’t purposely trolling CA with the stupidest ‘musings’ I’ve seen on this site ( including luminaries such as baglock and co), then you’re clearly a total spastic.

I’ll be sticking you on ignore, which I’d recommend to everyone else too. The chances of you ever giving an interesting ‘abstract thought’ or ‘musing’ is pretty ******* slim.

Enjoy your life.
Thank you. More valued input into a debate that's over.

I've said many times that I wasn't supporting or espousing the view, merely that an argument might be made.
Hmmm, I seem to recall that train of thought ......circa 1930’s thru 1940’s ..Germany...with a specific minority.....didn’t end well for anyone !

South Africa politician vows to 'remove' white mayor | Daily Mail Online

"He told a packed arena in Johannesburg that 'we are starting with this whiteness. We are cutting the throat of whiteness.'"

So pretty much racial hate speech then? Will white saffers be able to claim refugee status?
Peace and love eh? Where's that rainbow now?

It all went pretty much as predicted. Doesn't help the country though. Funny how those who were so vocal back then about how wonderful it would be have all vanished.

Peace and love eh? Where's that rainbow now?

It all went pretty much as predicted. Doesn't help the country though. Funny how those who were so vocal back then about how wonderful it would be have all vanished.
Give the ANC its due. SA has remained vaguely tenable for far longer than many thought it would. Sadly the race to the bottom appears to be well under way now. As has already been said, it's going to be interesting to hear how the Mandela fans square that circle...

I suspect that those that fought for the oppressed will be unable to do a volte-face and stand up for the new oppressed. The deserve it after all don't they?

Such hypocrisy, particularly in the media.