South Africa gone down the Zimbabwe route.

That is depressing, to say the least. Effectively then, if a new broom swept through SA today, it would take at least a generation to put things back on an even keel.

And only then if was a white broom, as it is the Chinese are playing the long game in most of Africa, drip feeding more & more Chinese in to actually run/exploit the place, whilst having a well bribed, sorry paid, local to be a useless placeman at the top until there are enough to take over properly getting shot of the useless twats they have been paying!!

Tool

LE
A stowaway was discovered in the wheel section under the front of a freight plane that arrived at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport from South Africa on Sunday

Hmmm.What are the chances that this is an SAA aircraft?

/sarcasm

I'm happy being light with it on site, but in the real world it gets heart rending at times.

Otherwise intelligent people die from deep rooted belief in sangomas' powers, or because the ingredients in the muti prepared for them are toxic. Their deaths are blamed on the spirits.
But these charlatans happy to do revolting things just to make money.

Take the case of Gabisile Shabane from last year, the poor child was forced to smoke dagga and drink brake fluid before being murdered.
The animals that butchered her mistook her fifteen month old nephew, Nkosikhona Ngwenya,, for another child with albinism, and when they realised their mistake they just threw him off a bridge to drown.

Tragically it's far from rare.
Both adults and children disappearing is a regular occurrence, and albinos are special targets.
That’s the culture they want. Let it happen. Tragic? Yes. Do I care anymore? Nope.They got rid of the Evil White Oppressors and now they can suffer for it as they revert to tribalism, just like what happens anywhere you remove The Rule Of Law.

That is depressing, to say the least. Effectively then, if a new broom swept through SA today, it would take at least a generation to put things back on an even keel.

You expected maybe chopped liver, nu?

I'm afraid SA is beyong redemption. The tipping point has been exceeded and the abyss beckons...

You expected maybe chopped liver, nu?

I'm afraid SA is beyong redemption. The tipping point has been exceeded and the abyss beckons...
To me, with no ties to SA, and now none to Zim, the situation in both countries is an absolute tragedy, and sadly nobody seems to admit owning the f### ups that have brought this about.
Something that broke my personal irony meter was that probate for uncles will, who had lived in Harare since 1980, is taking forever as the anti-corruption unit is investigating.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
To me, with no ties to SA, and now none to Zim, the situation in both countries is an absolute tragedy, and sadly nobody seems to admit owning the f### ups that have brought this about.
Something that broke my personal irony meter was that probate for uncles will, who had lived in Harare since 1980, is taking forever as the anti-corruption unit is investigating.
when you say investigating
do you mean enriching themselves, or just making sure nothing is left for you ?

And only then if was a white broom, as it is the Chinese are playing the long game in most of Africa, drip feeding more & more Chinese in to actually run/exploit the place, whilst having a well bribed, sorry paid, local to be a useless placeman at the top until there are enough to take over properly getting shot of the useless twats they have been paying!!
And maybe that is the only hope for Africa - being colonised by the Chinese. At least they would run it efficently. There might be a few Rorkes Drift, Isandawana's and Shangani Patrols, but after the PLA's rerun of Ulundi, it would all settle down.

when you say investigating
do you mean enriching themselves, or just making sure nothing is left for you ?
I think investigating in the manner of a well fed dog licking the plates when you turn your back whilst loading the dishwasher. Greed, and wanting for wantings sake. I don't expect, or want, to draw anything from the will. The sadness is that his domestic staff are going to end up with bugger all, and will have to wait an age receive it.

It's a universal problem in that many placed in positions of authority allow it to go to their heads. It's worse in Africa because those drawn from the faceless masses and given a bit of power allow the Little Hitler gene to dominate very quickly, in addition to viewing their position as a licence to enrich themselves by preying on others.

As for owning the fark ups, it's a trait among those who always know better that they will happily wash their hands and walk away from the long term results of their actions once they achieve that warm feeling in the mudbox that their short term aims deliver.

Last edited:

Zulu_w

War Hero
If it's any consolation, you're not alone. Europe isn't far behind you.
Trust me. Not even close.

The UK is a model of probity in comparison.

I am forever thankful that when my parents decided to leave Zimbabwe and had the choice of SA or UK they chose the latter.

Friends who went with the former have had a very rough ride.

Europe is importing the problem. It may take a while but the reality will not be pleasant.

The erosion will be gradual, frog in a pot kind of thing, but those who spend time away will notice a slow decline. I used to get back from tours and most noticeable was the standard of driving. Mostly law abiding has now become a disregard for stop signs and stop lights, and moving off on a green light requires a careful look before going as jumping a red is now common behaviour.

Now it's empty shelves, many products no longer available, roads and buildings derelict, along with entire sections of cities, infrastructure crumbling and so forth.

Zulu_w

War Hero
Europe is importing the problem. It may take a while but the reality will not be pleasant.

The erosion will be gradual, frog in a pot kind of thing, but those who spend time away will notice a slow decline. I used to get back from tours and most noticeable was the standard of driving. Mostly law abiding has now become a disregard for stop signs and stop lights, and moving off on a green light requires a careful look before going as jumping a red is now common behaviour.

Now it's empty shelves, many products no longer available, roads and buildings derelict, along with entire sections of cities, infrastructure crumbling and so forth.
Not disagreeing. Especially in some of the cities. Fortunately when I am in the UK I pass through them. Out in the shires it is still pretty good.

Maybe eat my words as I am returning to the UK after a long time working in the Gulf.

Humans are pretty adaptable and whilst Europe is on a downward spiral, its a shallow enough incline to not unsettle the middle class. That class have wholly bought into the idea of rainbow nations and see it wholly as a positive. They're are wealthy enough to insulate themselves and only now starting to have concerns about rising crime, which the poor have endured for the past couple of decades.

South Africa; I guess is in that advanced state of decline, where government itself is as big a criminal as the criminals and is the normal state for most countries. We aren't their yet in Europe and I'm not convinced that democracy won't eventually push back hard.

Not disagreeing. Especially in some of the cities. Fortunately when I am in the UK I pass through them. Out in the shires it is still pretty good.

Maybe eat my words as I am returning to the UK after a long time working in the Gulf.
Hi,boy. I left mainland UK nine years ago. Always thought of myself as a manc(from Manchester) and always will. Regteably last tme I went back I couldn't get chips and when going to my birth place I found a lad in "foreign" garb shitting on where I was born. Incidentally it's now an inner city park but I did feel a few hundred years of my family through two world wars, the Boer war and the Crimea being literally s#+t on.
No duff. Fitzgeorgh at collyhurst, Manchester.

Latest Threads