South Africa gone down the Zimbabwe route.

The same carter who pushed for China to have most favored nation status. A trusting soul.

Some would say useful idiot.

When Uganda got independence my old man had to change his job title to Deputy Big Cheese of his government department. Nothing else - still the same pay, responsibilities and work load. The Big Cheese was a barely literate, (in any language) placeman from the new President's own clan. He was on twice my dad's wage but had an immediate family of dozens to feed and buy mercs for. So within days the annual budget was blown and the descent into madness began. The country never stood a chance.

'Twas ever thus. When the cANCer took power here, the civil service and parliament expanded exponentially. MPs all got massive increases and the civil service, police and military proceeded to weed out honkies and replace them with supporters of the ANC regime on hugely inflated salaries.

The few honkies who managed to keep their jobs were pretty much doing three or four jobs to keep things afloat in the face of massive incompetence of the new hires, and quite often assistants to the Big Cheese were doing their jobs for them, while said Big Cheese hit the expense account hard with lunches and trips away from the office.

Working infrastructure went down the shitter when capable operators were sacked and replaced by the fruits of nepotism, cronyism and tribalism who had no clue and let things deteriorate to unrecoverable levels. New companies were set up to enrich cronies while keeping things working - Crony gets the maintenance contract for huge money and farms out the work to the white bloke who used to do it before at the same rate he always got, while crony pockets the 700% increase (for doing absolutely nothing) he charges the taxpayer. Due to the laws of the country being severely biased against the white bloke doing the work, he has precisely zero chance of getting the contract himself, so the taxpayer takes it up the arse again and the pilferati get richer.

All the above at hugely increased cost and a tiny fraction of the quality and efficiency of services formerly delivered, without even beginning to address the massive corruption and blatant theft that came with it.

Last edited:
I was listening to a BBC World Service programme in which an English-sounding contributor was castigating The West in general and UK in particular for buying and distributing Covid vaccines for their own populations.
There was an article in the Guardian advocating the same. To be fair to the politicians, they realise that their population all have votes and the populations of Africa and the rest of the third world don't (at least not in the west). So they can whine and castigate to their hearts content because it isn't going to make any different.

Loads of shows with not a honkie grid to be seen. Nothing but tumbleweeds and crickets in their case.

There was an article in the Guardian advocating the same. To be fair to the politicians, they realise that their population all have votes and the populations of Africa and the rest of the third world don't (at least not in the west). So they can whine and castigate to their hearts content because it isn't going to make any different.
Effectively, Africa is awaiting another handout.
In South Africa's case, gubberment kept saying the dal was 'on', and vaccines were on the way, but wouldn't disclose from where, at what cost, and when they'd arrive. Because itwas 'confidential'.
turns out there was NONE on the way, as RSA hadn't paid the $$$int COVAX fund.
Despite assurances they had, and damn you Bloomberg for your white colonialist media lies.
Now we have actually vaccines. Yep, a hundred and sixty thousand so far.
Read that number out again. Seriously.

Now, more lunacy.
MrsRid works at a local private hospital, thus is 'essential' and 'qualifies' for a place in the vaccine queue.
She must go to a government hospital on Saturday for the jab.
the hospital is on a main traffic/shopping route, which is chaotic at the best of times, let alone when thousands descend from all over the place for jabbing.
Read again. She WORKS at a hospital, where medics jab folk all day long.
But no... govt must administer it.
this 'move' is akin to expecting everybody in Surrey, sussex, essex etc to head into London, on a saturday, to get jabbed in Oxford Circus.

Effectively, Africa is awaiting another handout.
In South Africa's case, gubberment kept saying the dal was 'on', and vaccines were on the way, but wouldn't disclose from where, at what cost, and when they'd arrive. Because itwas 'confidential'.
turns out there was NONE on the way, as RSA hadn't paid the $$$int COVAX fund.
Despite assurances they had, and damn you Bloomberg for your white colonialist media lies.
Now we have actually vaccines. Yep, a hundred and sixty thousand so far.
Read that number out again. Seriously.

Now, more lunacy.
MrsRid works at a local private hospital, thus is 'essential' and 'qualifies' for a place in the vaccine queue.
She must go to a government hospital on Saturday for the jab.
the hospital is on a main traffic/shopping route, which is chaotic at the best of times, let alone when thousands descend from all over the place for jabbing.
Read again. She WORKS at a hospital, where medics jab folk all day long.
But no... govt must administer it.
this 'move' is akin to expecting everybody in Surrey, sussex, essex etc to head into London, on a saturday, to get jabbed in Oxford Circus.
Typical and predictable behaviour anyone who is surprised at this reflect on how naive you are. Money given in in trusting good faith will be stolen at the first level of trust. Again.
And again.......

Typical and predictable behaviour anyone who is surprised at this reflect on how naive you are. Money given in in trusting good faith will be stolen at the first level of trust. Again.
And again.......

seventies: Princess Anne and Val Singleton hoofed about in Africa, and there was later a Blue Peter Appeal for famine relief.
Part of it was [and I remember Noakes saying it] 'we send aid now, and also build infrastructure, so this will never happen again...'
eighties? Aaah, here's Mister Geldof.
And guess what? '...so this will never happen again...'
Nineties? Oh Look, Billy Connolly and Lenny Henry and lots of starving nippers...
And guess what?
Rinse, repeat
Each generation gets the same BS fed them.

I'd posit that it is hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions. If it's not defunding charities that promote the use of condoms to combat the spread of AIDS by the USA religious right, it is setting the scene for Rwanda massacres (other examples are available) by destabilising regimes. Drawing those arbitrary borders must have seemed utterly without consequence to those that scribbled all over the map of Africa back in the day.

My bold, if you know ANYTHING about Africa's history, you will realise that prior to the Europeans occupying/colonising the continent, borders were transient, often depending on the local tribes ability to defend it. Tribal wars were endemic with raids for slaves, cattle & land being a way of life. Just look at the Bantu tribal groups spread out of the Congo basin to virtually the whole of central/southern Africa in the last few thousand years Bantu expansion - Wikipedia
Which in the white incomers in S, Africa case in the 18thC - 19thC lead to conflicts like the Zulu war , but not until the Bantu's had driven the San & other indigenous tribes into virtual extinction.
Where European powers had occupied Africa in the late 19th C, borders were drawn wherever possible using natural features such a Rivers, watersheds, mountain ranges etc and if possible tying in with local tribes.
As tribal boundaries were very transient often depending on the latest war/raids acquisition, they did not always match exactly.
A classic case being the Belgian Congo/N. Rhodesia boundary which I patrolled in the very early '60's. It was agreed to use the watershed of the Congo/Zambezi river for much of it. Thus in my area the Lunda and Lovale tribes had clans on both sides of the border which nearly caused trouble when one of these clans tried to move into NR to escape the troubles in Katanga. I mention this in my "Tales of a Colonial Policeman" where I had to evict them & burn the huts they had built!

seventies: Princess Anne and Val Singleton hoofed about in Africa, and there was later a Blue Peter Appeal for famine relief.
Part of it was [and I remember Noakes saying it] 'we send aid now, and also build infrastructure, so this will never happen again...'
eighties? Aaah, here's Mister Geldof.
And guess what? '...so this will never happen again...'
Nineties? Oh Look, Billy Connolly and Lenny Henry and lots of starving nippers...
And guess what?
Rinse, repeat
Each generation gets the same BS fed them.
Are you saying that my schoolmates and I saved up all those milk bottle tops for nothing?

I'm literally traumatised.

Boom in Somaliland: A miracle on the horn of Africa.

An interesting article from Der Spiegel Internatinal about the unrecognised state of Somaliland - former British Somaliland has been doing well (by African standards) and one of the main reasons is the lack of International aid it receives. Especially compared to neighbouring Somalia. Der Spiegel is a left wing German magazine.

A relevant extract from the article:

And that has left Somaliland largely cut off from international aid. What sounds like a curse, though, has actually appears to be a blessing. In a book they wrote on Somalia, German journalists Marc Engelhardt and Bettine Rühl write that international aid has actually helped to fuel the violence rather than bringing about an end to the conflict. Indeed, they write, aid goods have become one of the most important resources being fought over.

In Somaliland, on the other hand, the state has been left to its own devices from the very beginning and had to set up a tax system to finance itself. Taxpaying citizens can be more assertive toward the state, which strengthens democracy and reduces corruption. And in contrast to some developing nations, where almost all the tasks of the state – education, health and social services – are run by aid organizations, Somaliland has had to set up the relevant structures itself.

Yes.
And my generation ensured that Scruffy Bob got knighted, and 'Feed the World' gets flogged to death every December. And Red Nose day.

How do you live with the shame?

Boom in Somaliland: A miracle on the horn of Africa.

An interesting article from Der Spiegel Internatinal about the unrecognised state of Somaliland - former British Somaliland has been doing well (by African standards) and one of the main reasons is the lack of International aid it receives. Especially compared to neighbouring Somalia. Der Spiegel is a left wing German magazine.

A relevant extract from the article:

And that has left Somaliland largely cut off from international aid. What sounds like a curse, though, has actually appears to be a blessing. In a book they wrote on Somalia, German journalists Marc Engelhardt and Bettine Rühl write that international aid has actually helped to fuel the violence rather than bringing about an end to the conflict. Indeed, they write, aid goods have become one of the most important resources being fought over.

In Somaliland, on the other hand, the state has been left to its own devices from the very beginning and had to set up a tax system to finance itself. Taxpaying citizens can be more assertive toward the state, which strengthens democracy and reduces corruption. And in contrast to some developing nations, where almost all the tasks of the state – education, health and social services – are run by aid organizations, Somaliland has had to set up the relevant structures itself.

Interestingly, a large bloc of taxpayers in SA have little say in things and almost zero chance of asserting any influence on the state. Govt are too busy wooing with handouts and promises the enormous bloc who provide little in the way of state income, while sidelining a large portion of those who pay for that largesse.

Interestingly, a large bloc of taxpayers in SA have little say in things and almost zero chance of asserting any influence on the state. Govt are too busy wooing with handouts and promises the enormous bloc who provide little in the way of state income, while sidelining a large portion of those who pay for that largesse.
Is it because you is white?

Could be, although there is a swing to asking why a sector of milch cows are being run into the ground to fund the vote buying.

TBF, the latest budget was not bad and seemed to avoid the obvious pitfalls a govt on its last legs would try to implement in order to hold onto votes from the non productive. It's entirely possible they've twigged that the non productive are not the ones who will be needed to kick start the economy.

When Uganda got independence my old man had to change his job title to Deputy Big Cheese of his government department. Nothing else - still the same pay, responsibilities and work load. The Big Cheese was a barely literate, (in any language) placeman from the new President's own clan. He was on twice my dad's wage but had an immediate family of dozens to feed and buy mercs for. So within days the annual budget was blown and the descent into madness began. The country never stood a chance.
After Independence in Tanzania, my dad, who was the lead expert in industrial relations in the Government, and wrote much of the legislation during the decade before and after Independence, found his post 'Africanised' in 1967, and had to train his clerk to take over his position. The clerk was an excellent sharpener of pencils, but not much so at complex legal drafting and compilation. A short time after we came back Home, an urgent request went from the Ministry to the British Government for him to return, but was politely declined. This was a pattern followed by the Tanzanian authorities throughout the whole of their civil service, which seemed to think that any spare body working in the building could occupy any role previously filled by a British Overseas Civil Servant.

That someone realised the job couldn't be done and asked for the person who knew how to do the job to be returned is the most amazing thing about that dit.

Mostly, Dunning Kruger would kick in and the incumbent would imagine himself to be doing sterling work as the country crumbled around him.

After Independence in Tanzania, my dad, who was the lead expert in industrial relations in the Government, and wrote much of the legislation during the decade before and after Independence, found his post 'Africanised' in 1967, and had to train his clerk to take over his position. The clerk was an excellent sharpener of pencils, but not much so at complex legal drafting and compilation. A short time after we came back Home, an urgent request went from the Ministry to the British Government for him to return, but was politely declined. This was a pattern followed by the Tanzanian authorities throughout the whole of their civil service, which seemed to think that any spare body working in the building could occupy any role previously filled by a British Overseas Civil Servant.

My bold ... so true, it happened in virtually all of our former colonies.
In the book No Better Life: The Experiences Of A Police Officer In Central Africa, written by a former NRP Inspector, who stayed on for a year or so after Independence, he reports exactly the same thing, where useless/incompetent political placemen took over from the Mzungu's and within a very short space of time chaos & corruption ensued.
It is infuriating for me and others who were there, to see the corrupt s**tstorm we see in virtually the whole of sub Saharan Africa now. What could, considering all the natural resources there, be a prosperous thriving continent, IF the Europeans had kept control and gradually, with lots of training, brought on good Africans to help run their countries.
But sadly because of left wing/communist political interference both in the UK's Labour party and on the ground in Africa, aided by USA self interest, the UN's incompetence, we have the mess we see today!

Cromarty

War Hero
I don't know why anyone bothers with these mongs. Let them murder one another, strarve, spread AIDS and ebola, etc. Go back when nature has taken its course and deal with whoever is left.

Latest Threads