Sous Vide Water Over For Home Use..

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by CptDanjou, Jun 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Foodie`s and Foodspoilers may find this interesting, it also only uses 60 watts so could be used easily in the field..

Sous vide cooking heading mainstream? - Images

[TABLE="width: 1287, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD]The Sous Vide Supreme is the world’s first water oven designed specifically to bring the gourmet sous vide cooking method into home and small restaurant kitchens. Sous Vide cooking locks in the flavor and preserves the nutritional quality of whatever food is cooked inside. The result is food of incomparable taste and texture: steak perfectly cooked edge-to-edge, vibrant vegetables, juicy tender chicken breasts, and ribs with the meat literally falling off the bone. All at the push of a button.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. So what you're actually saying is:

"I am a parasitic ******* salesman, come and buy my pointless chinese shit you thick overpaid squaddie bastards!"

3. But think how much a tank would cost to get a proper one!

4. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I've had a sous vide water bath for a while now (not the one above) and they work extremely well. You have to piss about with it for a while, I once did steaks for 2, 4, 8, 12 and 24hours and actually found that two hours was enough to get the texture that I wanted. The meta will look 'odd' and you do need to sear it to get that caramelized flavour or alternatively drench it in a sauce. They do work and work well, you just need a bit of patience!

5. No I have not connection with this cooker but I am saying you are a thick prick who probably thinks having ketchup on pie and chips is exotic.

6. Of course, unlike a BV, you can stick the mains cable up your arse in the field and produce pan seared chicken breasts in lemon sauce all ******* day!

7. Is that a bite? Fetch the gaff!

8. Is that a bite fetch ...., if you can get someone to help you read the specs , 60watt power consumption add an inverter and even an old Defender will cook your scran off the battery/alternator

9. I'm sure that's why they have alternators in the first place and leaving them running does them a world of good.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Boiling meat in a bag? Not sure, if the only thing offputting is the external appearance then eventually you will accustomise your self to it! Its a pity but the article doesnt tell much!

11. There has been previous threads about this.

12. Roasting bags are also very good.

13. Youre not a techie are you.

14. Sous-vide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia