Sources of No 1 and Mess Dress Please

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Bravo_Bravo, Mar 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right.

Being a cheapskate tightwad, I'm reluctant to shell out on a new set of No. 1 and Mess Dress ( RGJ ) and the hand-me-downs I have ponced are getting shabby ( much like me, I know.)

Any pointers as to where I can get hold of "pre-loved" stuff?

2. RGJ Association?

Salvation Army Thrift shop?
  3. New stuff I confess but messkitonline is about the cheapest I've come across
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

eBay is worth a look. Even this hallowed site's Classified ads have some gems.
  5. thanks to all
  6. JB

JB Clanker

Brand new for under £300

Mess Kit Online = Goodalls Tailors of Leeds. I had my (not RGJ) Mess Kit done by them and fit and finish were both superb.
    Was bit anxious about the self-measuring-up business, but no complaints at all and they offer to rectify and problems free of charge in the unlikely event there are any. Staff very helpful and friendly over the phone and did quite a quick job, because I said I needed it, for no extra charge.
    Can't recommend highly enough basically - and no, I don't work for them...
  7. Good to see Messrs Goodall back in business as I understand Vernon Rees & Goodalll went tits up.

Not surprisig as they did excellent quality (civilian - never had mess / service dress from them) stuff for less than others.
  8. Goodalls Tailors Best kit going full RE mess dress for £340 Inc vat plus get the shirt and boots and stuff cost price if with mess dress
  9. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Yes it is. I bought my mess kit from Vernon Rees & Goodall in '98 only to find out some 5 years later when I needed some damage repairing they had gone bust.

Very good quality and very good price from Mr Goodall.