Sounds To Me Like...

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Rocketeer, Nov 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The US Flyboys got their Asses whupped by the Indy flyboys in a bit of over the Top Gun.. where was Maverick and Goose when they needed them..?

Nice to see that the wannabee Tom Cruises were given a few wedgies by the little boys from over there.. They need to be put in their place from time to time.. Bet there will be some real nasty ' after action reports' filtering about on this one.

http://www.newkerala.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=54604

Funny how the uS military continually underestimates the capabilities of the ' enemy '...

2. I don't think the US military underestimates the enemy. Any professional fighter jock will know that the MiG-21 has always been a serious contender in a close-quarter fight, and that many countries are upgrading them with glass cockpits and all the latest bells and whistles.

This, however, doesn't necessarily apply to the rah-rah America is the Greatest crowd to be found in civilian life, who either are victim of the US's own media or simply don't know any better.

According to the reports I've read, both sides did well. Good for them.

NTM

3. Must be those darn metric indicator dials...

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Aye the glass cockpits are a big improvement over the older lead ones which tended to restrict the pilot's vision.