Sounds like a plan to deny Police their Magna Carta Rights

C

cloudbuster

Do buzzers work in rivers?

The golden rule when fishing buzzers is to fish them slowly! Many fly fishermen make the mistake of retrieving buzzers far too quickly. Remember, the pupa spend much of their time suspended in mid water and this is what we are attempting to imitate.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I think we need a unit of insanity on Arrse. I think we should call it the 'BounceBanana'.

Only no-one is quite so mental as BB, so we need smaller units such as Micro BounceBanana's.

Thus a normal ARRSER will be be about 10 Micro BounceBanana's, someone with a screw loose (waves at TheIronDuke) about 200 Micro BounceBanana's and only BB himself will be a full BounceBanana.

Wordsmith

I think we need a unit of insanity on Arrse. I think we should call it the 'BounceBanana'.

Only no-one is quite so mental as BB, so we need smaller units such as Micro BounceBanana's.

Thus a normal ARRSER will be be about 10 Micro BounceBanana's, someone with a screw loose (waves at TheIronDuke) about 200 Micro BounceBanana's and only BB himself will be a full BounceBanana.

Wordsmith

What if Peter Dow returns? That would register one megaBanana and we risk damaging sensitive equipment.

It would have to be sensitive because TiD is actually only 1.4 picoBananas. He sends out spurious signals that look like Bananas but if you run the diagnostics it's actually just being a ****.

The golden rule when fishing buzzers is to fish them slowly! Many fly fishermen make the mistake of retrieving buzzers far too quickly. Remember, the pupa spend much of their time suspended in mid water and this is what we are attempting to imitate.

But my point is that for upstream fishing you only get ten or so seconds before you have to retrieve and re-cast. Buzzers seems like a still water thing and I don't do that. There's a dangerous possibility of catching a fish on a lake...

Can't go wrong with a Sawyer Bug down here. But I've been give some shiny buzzers and wondered if I'd be wasting my time dropping one behind a mayfly or adams.

Don't know where you are but have you tried a Bead head Pheasant Tail Nymph rather than a Buzzer? They work a treat on the Anton

Wiltshire Avon. Yes, I fished the weighted Orvis one a few weeks ago, dropped behind a hawthorn.

Sadly the fish are spoilt for choice down there. You could try a shrimp or caddis fly which might work depending on the depth. Open up your next catch and try and work out what they've been scoffing.

BiscuitsAB

LE
Cabbage whitefly are becoming a real problem this year. I go the bio / organic route and spray with an aqueous solution of 0.3% neem oil to protect my brassicas, but it needs a good dry day to allow the leaves to absorb the oil, quite pointless when it keeps pissing down like this summer!

I shall research this and if genuine shall promptly send you 50 pfg in the post, if duff info I shall probably send you a dog egg in the post!

I suffer greatly with cabbage white!

Latest Threads