Sorting into alphabet order

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by armourer, May 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This arrsepedia is addictive :D

I've been adding to the dictonary, is there anyway of sorting alphabeticaly whats been posted in each letter section other than by cut & paste ?

Do you want each letter section in alphbetical order or the contents left in the order they were added to ?
  2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Hmm I think the way to do this would be to create a category called dictionary then put all the dictionary items in as seperate pages..... although it wouldn't be possible to see them all at once.

Quite a lot of work for someone initially but possibly worth it in the long run
  3. Has anyone got any objections to me sorting them into order "manually" a few each time I add to the dictionary.
  4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Go for it!
  5. Sorry, just seen this after I went through the lot - I must be really bored today!
  6. I have already started trawling through the pages which contain definitions. These can all be found under the "Dictionary" category.

The Dictionary page also appears within this category, so if you cannot find a definition article within the category, go to the dictionary page!

Those dictionary entries which have a link to a further definition are already shown both in the category and dictionary page..

Any suggestions as how to improve this further are welcome.....

7. Cheers, matey, saved me a long job.