Sort Britain out before the rest of the world ie:Africa

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by techgerman, Mar 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I for one am getting fed up of all the dribble about giving money to Africa and other third world countries.
    Britain has got homeless people everywhere, yet no one gives a sh1t, they are more concerned about the rest of the world then our own nation.

Your thoughts please fellow arrse members?.

2. I think this has been covered before on other friends, and the general consensus was....

Stop all aid to India...if they can afford Nukes & Spaceships they can sort their own poor out

Africa is so corrupt there is no point pouring millions in when it won't get to those who need it

3. Send it to Scotland instead.

Hope this helps :)

4. Simple answer Tech me ol fruit, dont donate any of your hard earned cash to causes that you dont agree with. I donote to UK based charites that have affected my life in 1 way or another over the years. Africa can go swivel as far as i am concerned and as blonde guy said its so corrupt its unreal and people like Bono and Bob Geldof cant make a difference.

5. We already have. Scotland got £47 billion last year via the Barnett formula.

6. It will never happen, because to do so would mean that the Broon and his crew would have to admit that Britain is fcuked

7. Everybody knows it is, they just need to pull there thumbs out of each others arrse's.

8. Well you can give us more, after all it was your lots fault we need it. :twisted:

9. Well apart from your share of the £9 BILLION that our wonderfully generous government takes of our money and gives away of course.

10. And what of the politicians you have foisted on us for a couple of CENTURIES :twisted:

11. So Gordon Brown was part of a massive jockaniese a revenge plot? Makes sense....

12. Why do you need more. Has the price of 'Buckie' risen? :D

13. Couldn't tell you, but the price of my red vin rouge has :p

14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

No, they need it to pay for subsidised prescription charges, healthcare in general, higher education, and care for the old folk.

Without the subsidy, even fewer would vote Labour - and then where would the scots Government (the one in Westminster, that is) be? :)

15. Have any parties vowed to end this, as well as sort out the West Lothian problem?