Sorry in advance!

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by TartanTrooper, Dec 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have read a few threads on the Int Corps and cant find the info im looking for (but im sure it is there somewhere) so please could you answer a few quick questions for me?

What do Operators do when not on Ex or ops? tankies maintain tanks, infantry get fit, int corps do what?(all i have been able to find are people saying they "handle intelligence" what is involved? PM me if its too OPSEC for an open forum)

are the int corps like DET or SRR and are det,SRR made up mainly of int corps?

On the armyjobs website it says youl get promoted quicker, does this mean there are more SNCOs/WOs than JNCOS?

do the int corps just look at maps and aerial photos or are they out on the ground interrogating and setting up OPs?

cheers, sorry if i sound like a bit of a knobber

2. You are a throbber. Why would PM'ing information to a complete stranger on an internet site be in any way more 'OPSEC aware' than publishing on the main threads (or for that matter on the wall of a mosque bog wall) you irrelevant spastic?

3. i obviously meant if it was something i could be let in on that you didnt want the whole of kabul to know about!

i mean little unimportant things, not things that are going to jepardise national security

4. PM me your bank details Tartan Trooper and I'll PM you everything you need to know, once I've verified who you are by confirming your bank details match you.

(worth a try I figure).

5. My bold. I suggest you do some serious research, rather than read too many books about 14th Int and the SRR. Currently you have no idea and sound like a bit of a wannabe.

6. Check padlocks, shake fences, write reports. Few other things, but not much really.

7. [quote="Bravo_Zulu] Currently you have no idea and sound like a bit of a wannabe.[/quote]

i know i know and i apologise but like everyother person that has asked int corps questions i want to know as much as i can before i decide to join.

i just wanted to know if ill be counting paper clips and signing forms for 22 years or if ill be on ops and exersises constantly!

8. i know i know and i apologise but like everyother person that has asked int corps questions i want to know as much as i can before i decide to join.

i just wanted to know if ill be counting paper clips and signing forms for 22 years or if ill be on ops and exersises constantly![/quote]

Probably something in between, but it would depend on your job. Have you spoken to anyone in the AFCO or had a look at the glossy recruiting brochures yet?

9. i know a few guys who work in the local acfo but i have always been interested in the scots DG (hence my name) and only recently (since this morning i have to admit) had an intrest in the int corps so i havent had the chance to see the recruiting brochures.

does it make any difference to anyone/ can you be refused entry/ will you get a harder time if you have transfered (E.g from scots dg to int corps after a few years) or do you generally have to be a new recruit to get in without fuss?

cheers

10. Stick with the DG, especially with your typing and demonstrated lack of grammatical knowledge. eg ACFO, intrest etc. However, your lack of ability to actually analyse and research any facts does show some aptitude (look it up) for the Dim Side. 8)

Edited cos the smiley didn't work.

11. You can fuck off. If you going around shaking fences these days they will fall down and there is no money in the infra budget to fix them.

You can fuck off too.

Merry Christmas you Dark Side tosser.

12. I see MV has embraced the Season of Good Will to all men.....

13. And amerry christmas to you to M_V. Now who has that mistletoe and disinfectant!

14. Can I also enter into the festive spirit by Crate-ing Ashford-old-school for getting his impressively ugly mug into the local press alongside some hideously ugly local inbreds-good job he had some DPM on or we might not have been able to tell one from the other!!

15. What makes you so special that you could be "let in" on a few details?

And whats to say that you're not in Kabul yourself.

Jog On Sunshine.