Sorry, Im not patrolling here. Its too dangerous!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ex_ex, Sep 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Scum article

2. Why am i not suprised that its a PCSO (or Police Constables Stolen Overtime) that has said this.

We had some PCSO's come to our nick that refused to go down a certain area of our patch because the kids were abusive towads them!!!! (thats what i thought they were brought in to combat)

Though to be fair i did see two of them stood on the square of quite a rough Valleys town at 2330 on saturday.

The thing that gets me is, that in order to sensationalise the headline, the tabloids refer to them as Cops or the plod. They are nothing of the sort and a merely police employed security guards.

4. I particularly loathe the scum's use of the term "gun cops" to refer to armed police, or "tot" to refer as child. In fact, I just particularly loathe THE SCUM.

5. Probably not going to help your blood pressure to hear that certain cops north of the border refer to their ARVs as, wait for it, "gunships".

6. Or when they refer to their mini-busses as 'Personnel Carriers'.

7. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Disappointed. I expected this thread to be about the commanders of Bravo One Zero or Bravo Three Zero and their decisions not to create a book-winning scenario in GW1.

Hang on though: SAS patrolling the leafy lanes of Gloucestershire. Maybe there is a bookworthy opportunity here ...

Edited to translate Typonese

8. Never mind the SAS, I think even the boys from 49 Para would think twice about operating " cross border" in some parts of the Forest of Dean.

They have sent 5 PCSO's in there so far this year and none have come back yet. :omg:

Few outside the Forest believe in the "Beast of Cinderford"!!!

9. First time for decades that the locals have seen anyone with "different" DNA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Litotes

10. Rumour control has it that the comds of B10 and B30 did some decent planning and didn't opt for the "Let's tab our way to baghdad with the contents of the garage on our backs" ...if you believe rumour control that is..! :)

11. Isn't he a local newsagent??

12. I'm surprised to see ANY uniformed plod in my neck of the woods. walking or otherwise and, yes there are pavements!

13. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

funny ole fing - I just came back from a course all about cross - Govt communications.

One of the head honchos was telling us drooling lackwits in the stalls that there are more Oxbridge grads on the Sun's staff than any other Fleet Street title....apparentely it takes REAL brains to be able to encapsulate British foreign policy in 3 paragraphs AND write stuff that will compete with a half naked lidy in the top half of the page.....

The ironic thing is that because the ...ahem...readership of the soaraway STUN is in the 4 - 5 Million a DAY range, this particular administration sees it as , well frankly, more important than the Independent or Grauniad or Times .

What is the battlespace and where is our vital ground ?
    Who is it more important to get your message to - 4 million ordinary non-scouser folk with a reading age of 13 or quarter of a million movers and shakers/chatterati ?

....rather underlines Sir Henry Royce's adage

" the quality will be remembered LONG after the price has been forgotten "

Le Chevre

14. Right well thats done it then. Im not ever going back on tour because 7.62 rounds and RPGs violate health and safety in the workplace.

When is this going to stop!!!

15. . . it's gone up - reading age of red-tops back in the day was 8!

(Government literacy programme paying off?) :lol: :lol: :lol: