Sorry, Im not patrolling here. Its too dangerous!

A WOMAN cop told stunned villagers she could not patrol their streets — because there are no PAVEMENTS.

Community support officer Lesley Pooley said the narrow lanes with high hedges were too dangerous under health and safety rules.

She told councillors at their last meeting: “I am very concerned about the health and safety aspect of getting out there and walking because there are no footpaths.

Gloucestershire Police said cars would now be used in the areas where PCSO Pooley used to walk.

In January PCSO Pooley’s predecessor Ian Yeomans was banned by his inspector from catching the BUS to work because of “health and safety implications”.
Scum article

Why am i not suprised that its a PCSO (or Police Constables Stolen Overtime) that has said this.

We had some PCSO's come to our nick that refused to go down a certain area of our patch because the kids were abusive towads them!!!! (thats what i thought they were brought in to combat)

Though to be fair i did see two of them stood on the square of quite a rough Valleys town at 2330 on saturday.

The thing that gets me is, that in order to sensationalise the headline, the tabloids refer to them as Cops or the plod. They are nothing of the sort and a merely police employed security guards.

Ex_ex said:
A WOMAN cop told stunned villagers she could not patrol their streets — because there are no PAVEMENTS.

Community support officer Lesley Pooley said the narrow lanes with high hedges were too dangerous under health and safety rules.
COP?...COP? Sionce when is a bloody PCSO a COP? It's like calling tthee RAFVR soldiers.[br]The bloody thais hhave got the right idea I'm telling you..

I particularly loathe the scum's use of the term "gun cops" to refer to armed police, or "tot" to refer as child. In fact, I just particularly loathe THE SCUM.

Bagster said:
I particularly loathe the scum's use of the term "gun cops" to refer to armed police, or "tot" to refer as child. In fact, I just particularly loathe THE SCUM.
Probably not going to help your blood pressure to hear that certain cops north of the border refer to their ARVs as, wait for it, "gunships".

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Disappointed. I expected this thread to be about the commanders of Bravo One Zero or Bravo Three Zero and their decisions not to create a book-winning scenario in GW1.

Hang on though: SAS patrolling the leafy lanes of Gloucestershire. Maybe there is a bookworthy opportunity here ...

Edited to translate Typonese

AlienFTM said:
Hang on though: SAS patrolling the leafy lanes of Gloucestershire. Maybe there is a bookworthy opportunity here ...
Never mind the SAS, I think even the boys from 49 Para would think twice about operating " cross border" in some parts of the Forest of Dean.

They have sent 5 PCSO's in there so far this year and none have come back yet. :omg:

Few outside the Forest believe in the "Beast of Cinderford"!!!

Sand.fly said:
AlienFTM said:
Never mind the SAS, I think even the boys from 49 Para would think twice about operating " cross border" in some parts of the Forest of Dean.

They have sent 5 PCSO's in there so far this year and none have come back yet. :omg:

First time for decades that the locals have seen anyone with "different" DNA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Litotes

AlienFTM said:
Disappointed. I expected this thread to be about the commanders of Bravo One Zero or Bravo Three Zero and their decisions not to create a book-winning scenario in GW1.

Edited to translate Typonese
Rumour control has it that the comds of B10 and B30 did some decent planning and didn't opt for the "Let's tab our way to baghdad with the contents of the garage on our backs" ...if you believe rumour control that is..! :)

Sand.fly said:
AlienFTM said:

Isn't he a local newsagent??

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bagster said:
funny ole fing - I just came back from a course all about cross - Govt communications.

One of the head honchos was telling us drooling lackwits in the stalls that there are more Oxbridge grads on the Sun's staff than any other Fleet Street title....apparentely it takes REAL brains to be able to encapsulate British foreign policy in 3 paragraphs AND write stuff that will compete with a half naked lidy in the top half of the page.....

The ironic thing is that because the ...ahem...readership of the soaraway STUN is in the 4 - 5 Million a DAY range, this particular administration sees it as , well frankly, more important than the Independent or Grauniad or Times .

What is the battlespace and where is our vital ground ?
Who is it more important to get your message to - 4 million ordinary non-scouser folk with a reading age of 13 or quarter of a million movers and shakers/chatterati ?

....rather underlines Sir Henry Royce's adage

" the quality will be remembered LONG after the price has been forgotten "

Le Chevre

Right well thats done it then. Im not ever going back on tour because 7.62 rounds and RPGs violate health and safety in the workplace.

When is this going to stop!!!

"Cerney Wick is a commuter village, so there are a lot of vulnerable, empty properties during the day. ......."

And for anyone who didn't know it was an easy score, if they read the scum, or knows anyone who can read, they do now!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Higround said:
Right well thats done it then. Im not ever going back on tour because 7.62 rounds and RPGs violate health and safety in the workplace.

When is this going to stop!!!
Many a true word spoken in jest. A decade ago I was consulting for a household-name former telecoms monopoly (no names no packdrill). There were a couple of TA guys on the permanent staff, one of them former RAC TA and we discovered we had mutual acquaintances.

One evening I saw a newsreel from the Balkans, clocked a VRN, identified it as a Scorpion from the serial number and pointed it out to Wor Lass. Then the camera moved back to reveal a 30mm cannon: must be a Scimitar. But SHIRLEY all 02FDs were Scorpions? How could I be wrong. Then as the camera moved back yet further, I realised that "Scimitar's" turret looked like it had been visited by headhunters.

Next working day I explained the phenomenon to the former RAC TA man. He pointed out to me that Health and Safety had determined that when the semi-automatic breech on the Scorpion's 76mm gun opened and ejected a spent case, it flooded the turret with carbon monoxide. Well this wasn't rocket science to me. Count the times I came off the range with head ready to burst and all the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

But the H&SE had decided that the 76mm gun was a danger to health and the Scorpion was declared obsolete forthwith.

What I had seen in the newsreel was a hybrid Sabre, with a Fox 30mm turret mated to a Scorpion hull.

Don't joke about it mate. Or if you do, don't let H&SE hear you.

It is a joke, an extreme case of health and safety maybe, used to illustrate a point that health and safety laws are going mad. And for one reason alone.

Nobody wants to be sued.

The amount of paperwork involved in our job now is ridiculous.

I’m north of the border and have never heard our ARV's referred to as "Gunship’s". They are known as "The Cars". A thoroughly professional bunch of men (no I’m not one before you ask). The difference between patrol vehicles and “The Cars” being, patrol cars are known as “Panda’s. I would suggest that anyone calling these particular public vehicles “Gunship’s” are not the type of calibre officer that should be manning these important and sadly necessary vehicles.

GoodIdeaAtTheTime said:
Bagster said:
Probably not going to help your blood pressure to hear that certain cops north of the border refer to their ARVs as, wait for it, "gunships".

You're so right about the Forest of Dean and the cross border ops being a little too much for some of them**** as well as the lads, there are too many isolated pubs and concealed inns, taverns etcetera amongst other known and recognised potential sites and of course sightings, let alone the "Bibblins" and the "Yat" with the Mad Mack crawling up the river Wye.? Yes Why..? The high ground at British camp or even Beacon Hill in the Malverns, tapping the obelisk or St. Annes well is all well for the right folk to patrol where others fear to tread. One can easily understand how it can all be off-putting for the unequipped, unprepared, untrained or just unsuitable to do the job that they are employed to do...? Doesn't always Suits All Sorts one can suppose...