Sorry but we can't serve soldiers!

You're in the army? Then get out of my shop! - Morecambe Today

Soldier returns from the Stan & local shopkeeper refuses to serve him in Morecambe!! Feck me! Talk about being picky! Anyone who knows the West End of Morecambe would be suprised that Lingars corner shop on Albert Road, owner Arumugam Tharma, would even think about serving a squaddie.....however, low life, drug dealers and alchies are most welcome. See Link.

Q: Why did the romans build straight roads?

A: To stop pakkies building corner shops.

ps: My daughter-in-law says "how rude".

Neither is the shopkeeper obliged to leave the country, YET.
Where does it even say the proprietor was foreign? Does Lingars Off-Licence sound very Middle-Eastern to you? A shopkeeper can refuse to serve anyone for whatever reason he likes, and there's nothing stopping the soldier from either going to the next shop along or getting changed out of uniform first.

What, because I'm not getting outraged that a soldier was refused service in some off-licence in some backwater town? Right.

So what? The shopkeeper's not obliged to serve him.
The shopkeeper is not obliged to act like a cnut, either.

The only valid reasons for refusal of service are if the customer is acting in an offensive or threatening manner, is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or below legal age to buy certain items.

no your a ****** for not getting outraged that this happens,

You mean "yes" then........
as i smash my head into the key boared, yes, i mean yes, zulu is a grade A fore stroker, for not getting a pissy fit on that this happened, and happens

The shopkeeper is not obliged to act like a cnut, either.

The only valid reasons for refusal of service are if the customer is acting in an offensive or threatening manner, is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or below legal age to buy certain items.
Is that an opinion or a legal fact?

name, and shame the shop,,,,,,, boycott, black, avoid spending money there, they would soon get the message

Did anyone here get outraged at signs in pubs saying "no travellers"?
Hush, get on the caravan and make sure you've got your poncho and plenty of tabs. The butties are sorted. Just no dribbles ok?

From another local newspaper's website
The Visitor local newspaper said:
Rae of hope for soldier
Published Date: 21 July 2010
AS the death toll of British soldiers in Afghanistan continues to mount, a member of our armed forces from Heysham is recovering at home after a lucky escape.
Corporal Sam Rae suffered a fractured vertebrae in his spine after his tank drove over an 80kg roadside bomb in the dangerous area of Babaji in Helmand Province.

Sam, who has begun six months of rehabilitation to get back on his feet, says he can't wait to return to Afghanistan to rejoin his troop.
"I'm a bit bored, I don't like being stuck at home," said Sam.

I am so glad we are taking this so seriously.

If you can manage to see through the red mist long enough to read the article that was linked, you'll note that the shop and its location are mentioned:
red mist RED MIST!!!!!!!!! ive never been calmer............ i wouldnt take a sloppy turd in morcombe, never mind go there