Sore throat when running?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Dizzee367, Jan 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not sure why, But whenever I run, after a while I end up getting quite a bad sore throat. Does anyone know why? Has anyone else suffered from this? And does anyone know how I can avoid it?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Keep your mouth closed, your ingesting flies & midges. Breathe thru' your nose !!
  3. try not to suck cock. the night before.
  4. Yea good advice, thats where I always go wrong.
  5. Yeah I tried that but it didn't seem to make a difference 8O .
  6. ok try not to swallow.
  7. Maybe you have a dodgey throat, try shining a torch down there and get a look ;)
  8. Yes, truth is your suppose to breath through your nose whilst running, your basically drying out your airways and thats why your ending up with a sore throat, ie: taking in the dust and all the others nasties in the air whilst inhaling, the nose on the other hand has thousands of little tiny hairs for stopping such pollution etc, I could go on but I won't cos I'm boring myself stupid.... but surely you get the gist? :wink:
  9. ^ What justjane said. I got the same problem till I started making a point to keep my mouth shut.. worked in more ways than one.

10. You must give shite head.
  11. I live in London and after one week of driving around, my car ends up covered in a greasy film of black stuff. Can you imagine what it does to your lungs and throat?

Edited to add: And yes, I have to imagine. Don't do much running! :D
  12. Yeah know what you mean. I used to suffer from this, then one day it just totally cleared up. It was the same day i left me fags at home.
  13. Ah ok, Thanks for the advice.
  14. It could be throat cancer....... maybe.