Sore throat when running?

I'm not sure why, But whenever I run, after a while I end up getting quite a bad sore throat. Does anyone know why? Has anyone else suffered from this? And does anyone know how I can avoid it?

Thanks in advance.

Keep your mouth closed, your ingesting flies & midges. Breathe thru' your nose !!

Dizzee367 said:
I'm not sure why, But whenever I run, after a while I end up getting quite a bad sore throat. Does anyone know why? Has anyone else suffered from this? And does anyone know how I can avoid it?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, truth is your suppose to breath through your nose whilst running, your basically drying out your airways and thats why your ending up with a sore throat, ie: taking in the dust and all the others nasties in the air whilst inhaling, the nose on the other hand has thousands of little tiny hairs for stopping such pollution etc, I could go on but I won't cos I'm boring myself stupid.... but surely you get the gist? :wink:

^ What justjane said. I got the same problem till I started making a point to keep my mouth shut.. worked in more ways than one.

J.

I live in London and after one week of driving around, my car ends up covered in a greasy film of black stuff. Can you imagine what it does to your lungs and throat?

Edited to add: And yes, I have to imagine. Don't do much running! :D

Dizzee367 said:

Thanks in advance.
Yeah know what you mean. I used to suffer from this, then one day it just totally cleared up. It was the same day i left me fags at home.

justjane07 said:
Dizzee367 said:

Thanks in advance.
Yes, truth is your suppose to breath through your nose whilst running, your basically drying out your airways and thats why your ending up with a sore throat, ie: taking in the dust and all the others nasties in the air whilst inhaling, the nose on the other hand has thousands of little tiny hairs for stopping such pollution etc, I could go on but I won't cos I'm boring myself stupid.... but surely you get the gist? :wink:
Ah ok, Thanks for the advice.

It could be throat cancer....... maybe.

I get the same, and as long as I am not sprinting like crazy I tend to chew chewing gum or sook a sweet.

Alternatively take a drink before hand and try your best to breath -in soley through your nose and out through your mouth, it works for me.

Ta xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Miscellaneous Jokes 0
G Health and Fitness 7
brucewillis The NAAFI Bar 11