Sore soles of feet - Issue boots

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Ben_surfsup, May 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all :)

This has most likely been asked hundreds of times, I did look for a similar thread, but could not find one.

It appears I've been lucky! my Issue boots fit snugly, no major dramas (blister / rubbing) as of yet, although have not yet done a CFT in them, so touch wood they will do me proud). however, the soles of my feet are in agony, so i guess i need new insoles, to replace those green things with what looks like plastic netting on the underside. and we have not really done any form of walking in them, just drill etc, and already very painful heels, so i know its only going to get worse.

So, 2 things really, can anyone recommend insole replacements? i do have some recently bought lowa 9's but they would need cutting to shape, and would rather buy a second pair if they are the best things to use

Also, i read in another thread, some thin mousemat cut and put where your heel sits can help drastically, does anyone have any experience in this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Ok thanks, ordered a pair. clearly I am just a spacker with no ability to search. Apologies.