Sore back!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Luke_16, Jan 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys i can normally do 60+ sit ups, but i manged 10. My back killed like the bottom of my spine area. Any ideas what this is?
  2. Erm.. too many sit ups ?

3. Painful !! :twisted:
  4. depends what type of pain it is?

is it central and comes from the spine?

or is it from either side, the muscular wall?

There is some Medical Officers in the Officer Forum, could ask them
  5. try some stretches, sounds like a muscle ache / over work / pull

I usualy get it towards a hard sesh in the gym, bad ache in lower back, lie flat on back with your arms outstretched as if you were making a cross with your body, draw your legs up then over to the left, repeat with legs over to the right. Or, sit on a chair, lift heal of each leg onto opposite knee, chin up then slowly bend forward.

If in doubt, see a PTI / physio or equiv
  6. sounds like a fractured spine, cut your legs off to make sure
  7. Central. Also its not were i have been doing alot of sit ups as i aint done any for 2 weeks.
  8. is it right at the bottom of your spine? i.e. the Coccyx (tail bone)

does the pain prevent you from performing the sit ups? or does your abs and hip flexors fatigue preventing you from doing sit ups?

bruised coccyx can be really painful, just put a pillow under back when doing sit ups for a while.
  9. Thats it, its not my abs that stop me it the pain. I would say thats what it is. The thing is im on some course next week with the army, how am i ment to do sit ups?
  10. I would phone up your AFCO and tell them your problem and then go and see your GP.

Its better to go on selection/visit fully fit at another date than go with an injury, as you will be wasting your time and the Army's
  11. Have you done any lower back work to balance the core work?
  12. Best thing to do is go to the doctors ASAP, i did my upper back in at work 2 months ago and i had ripped the muscles either side. He will give you some strong anti inflammatory's which give you the shits and make you feel ******* bad if you dont take them just after a meal!

It's most likely that, but wait till tomorrow and see. mine took ******* ages to heal (4 weeks) because i was working continually. Just rest and give it a few weeks of doing no heavy lifting/exercise that will use your back as it won't heal. Even if it feels fine be careful.