Sore Achilles and best trainers to buy for running

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by gambler, Jul 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I have a sore right achilles and this happens just after running i was wondering what would be the best trainers to buy to ease the pain when running . Ive tried physio and PTI advised rest.
  2. Can I suggest going to a running shop and getting a gait analysis done?

I had shin splints until I went to Up and Running. Got checked, and my right ankle was doing horrible things. Nice new pair of Brookes trainers and I'm back out on the road.
  3. The advice above is 'sound advice', can't beat gait analysis service shops. Money well worth spending to get it right. Always go for Asics traininers after consultation.
  4. alright mate best way to help your achilles is eccentric calf 15 reps 2 sets each day its helped my achilles pain an its basically gone through doing the eccentric calf raises.if you keep doing them it should clear up your achilles problem.also go see podiatrist for orthotics before you by some motion control running shoes that wont help eccentric calf raises
    one more thing that helps achillies pain is ultrasound therapy by a physio
  5. Cheers for the advice guys have to start the exercises and ill report back on progress .
  6. Asics gel trainers. You can pick them up for less than 50 quid. They have really helped witht the ankle pain I used to get.

:) :)
  7. Yep Asics are boss.