Soot the Suit at AOSB(B)?

Briefings are set to resume from Jun 01. Post-lockdown Briefings are truncated 6 hour affairs and the Joining Instructions state:

''To limit the amount of clothing needed at the briefing event, you are asked to wear sports clothing and training shoes under a track suit or similar clothing over the top, as there is a physical element to the programme.''

To me this clearly indicates that you MUST TURN UP in sportswear and NOT a suit so as to avoid changes in clothing lying around. However, when asked to confirm this, my CSM states that (pp) 'he believes that you still turn up in a suit''. Provided that CAPITA and my CSM have often been wrong when I've asked them questions in the past - what do those who are are going to Briefings this week make of this instruction? Others?

[Those who do go this week and read this, could you please give us feedback on the correct dress to turn up in? And, of course, good luck to all with this rather unusual AOSB(B).]

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
All I can offer is that, while unintentional, this is a remarkably fiendish way to find out who can read, understand and follow written instructions. It's clear to me that, given their declared intent and the supporting instructions, the single set of clothing they describe is what's required.

However, don't ask people who don't know (me) and who 'think' something (your CSM). If in doubt, confirm directly with whoever's running the briefing event - it's what an officer would (should) do and, if you fail to do so and it turns out that you failed to follow a simple set of instructions, it will be a long day.

Briefings are set to resume from Jun 01. Post-lockdown Briefings are truncated 6 hour affairs and the Joining Instructions state:

''To limit the amount of clothing needed at the briefing event, you are asked to wear sports clothing and training shoes under a track suit or similar clothing over the top, as there is a physical element to the programme.''

To me this clearly indicates that you MUST TURN UP in sportswear and NOT a suit so as to avoid changes in clothing lying around. However, when asked to confirm this, my CSM states that (pp) 'he believes that you still turn up in a suit''. Provided that CAPITA and my CSM have often been wrong when I've asked them questions in the past - what do those who are are going to Briefings this week make of this instruction? Others?

[Those who do go this week and read this, could you please give us feedback on the correct dress to turn up in? And, of course, good luck to all with this rather unusual AOSB(B).]

I'm attending briefing this week and will not be wearing a suit. Just what the JI state.

hamegg

Crow

I attended briefing today. Just follow the JI. If you turn up in a suit, then you will look like a right melt. Your choice.

Latest Threads