Soon to be Reme; What will I be getting my hands on?

SoberSandy

Swinger
Hi chaps,

All going well, i'll be serving with 103 btn by early December as a VM.

Just for a bit of light reading, does anyone have an idea what vehicles i'll be working with this year?

Also for a bit of further info, I'll be doing my phase 2 in a fifteen day course next year, what can I be expected to learn in fifteen days?

Cheers gents.

Horse_car2.jpg

Might be a bit obvious, but why not contact the unit?

Soon to be Reme; What will I be getting my hands on?

Swarfega probably.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
The only kit you'll get your hands on will be a kettle, and a broom.

The first thing I was let loose on was a Chieftain. Have we still got them?

same here, and no. Unless he's seconded to the Tank Museam

The only kit you'll get your hands on will be a kettle, and a broom.

And no sharp implements.

OP, vaguely sensible answer, you will probably end up in B shops/B line where someone class 1 can keep and eye on you

SoberSandy

Swinger
Ah okay, I had the clearly naive vision of myself stripping engines down and servicing tanks and whatnots. I'm probably safer with a broom anyway, only so many ways it can breakdown when they send it back out.

Ah okay, I had the clearly naive vision of myself stripping engines down and servicing tanks and whatnots. I'm probably safer with a broom anyway, only so many ways it can breakdown when they send it back out.

You ought to be looking at the REs for fixing woody stuff.
Selection_049.png

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Get a posting to BATUK & you'll have regular access to what appears to be frothy milkshake leaking from a cracked velcro bowl.

You say VM but in my day we had VMA/VMB/VMC etc, have they changed the system now?

You say VM but in my day we had VMA/VMB/VMC etc, have they changed the system now?

(Swings lantern) Electrician REME anyone?
Re. phase 2. Isn't that just a check of suitability rather than a training course?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
(Swings lantern) Electrician REME anyone?
Re. phase 2. Isn't that just a check of suitability rather than a training course?

Electrician was phased out during my time pre 84. I think the VM part is just the basic and possibly phase II is to assign him to a particular role ie A/B mech?