• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo/Arc

I understand both these phones have an HDMI port and can connect to a TV for showing captured HD video content at
720p. Is it possible to upload an AVI film to the phone, and plug the phone into a TV to watch. Our PS3 died recently and I miss being able to drop a film onto a USB stick and watch it via PS3.

Will this be possible with one of these phones, or any phones for that matter, I wont pay exorbitant Blackberry/Iphone prices. I'll buy another ps3 before I pay £60 a month for a mobile.

Any info appreciated.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
should work I guess, but a bit long winded and the phone might not like trying to decode large files, what happened to brick the ps3?

I've got a hard drive enclosure which plays files from its drive straight to tv and also off the two network drives I have or why not just patch the pc/laptop into the tv as it must have more than just a hdmi port.

I just want to be able to watch downloaded films easily, and my phone contract is due for renewal. Whats this hard drive enclosure thing of which you speak, I have nearly 10Gb of pics I have to get off my laptop soonest. Ta for info.

Latest Threads