• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Sony Ericsson K800i

#1
Do any ARRSErs have one? Are they any good?

Looking for a new phone with a decent camera, this seems like a good choice but wanted to know what people thought of them or if there were any problems (particularly need to know how robust they are).

Thanks in advance.

CMJ
 
#2
The wife has one , It is better than my Nokia N73 , It produces good photos and is very user friendly. It has also been dropped on a number of occasions and had no problems.
 
#3
Cheers mate, glad to hear it survives being dropped, I'm a clumsy cnut and forever dropping my mobile.

What is the average battery life? Will it last me 5 days of normal use?
 
#4
Ive got one.

Theyre ok, easy to use,
battery seems fairly decent .. 3 - 4 days as far as longetivity goes when the majority of your usage is text or phone. The camera and tinternet use a lot of power up as do the games..
Robustness? Mine's been dropped a few times and has stood up well to the abuse. The camera slide is a pain in the tits. in your pocket, it...slides... which can and does upset the phone, mine's locked up a few times needing the battery removing to 'reset' it. a decent case to put it in would be worth getting. only needs a pocket thing like PSPs come with.. just summat to stop the camera lensee slide from being snagged.

Mine was free on O2

Hope that helps?
 
#6
I've got a K750i and there isn't much difference. I fully recommend them.

For the love of god, anyone reading this are advised to stay well clear of Motorolas. They are the RAF of mobile phones.

Utterly, utterly useless.

I did have one of the new style Nokias but am not impressed with them. I used to despise Sony Ericcsons but so far I've managed to be swayed by them. And I'm extremely fussy when it comes to mobile phones. Definitely the way ahead.
 
#8
Two shedding a bit here. I have two, one for me and the other for the CGS. Good phones, great camera and great quality. I used to be a Nokia chap for years until I got a Nokia N73. I was fiddling with it in the car on the way back from getting it, dropped it on the floor and it dismantled itself. Rushed back and swapped it for the 800i.
 
#10
I have the 810i...Like it a lot.
 
#11
Yep great phone, often on building sites, works in all winds and weathers, better than the fashion acces I had (razer), wat a load of bollox that was.
 
#12
I have a Nokia N80. It is a good cam with a 3 megapixel camera. I am changing contract soon and have been caryying out CTRs on all the providers. The K800i came out top, but I have decided to wait until the first couple of months of next year when the N95 comes out. It will have a 5MP camera and built in GPS for Tom Tom. Might be worth the wait..
 
#13
the_guru said:
I have a Nokia N80. It is a good cam with a 3 megapixel camera. I am changing contract soon and have been caryying out CTRs on all the providers. The K800i came out top, but I have decided to wait until the first couple of months of next year when the N95 comes out. It will have a 5MP camera and built in GPS for Tom Tom. Might be worth the wait..
It'll end in tears. You know it will...
 
#14
call_me_jack said:
Do any ARRSErs have one? Are they any good?

Looking for a new phone with a decent camera, this seems like a good choice but wanted to know what people thought of them or if there were any problems (particularly need to know how robust they are).

Thanks in advance.

CMJ
If you decide to buy one make sure it is Sim free , Then you will have no problems using what ever Sim card you already have .
You can also keep the same mobile number
 
#15
codeword said:
call_me_jack said:
Do any ARRSErs have one? Are they any good?

Looking for a new phone with a decent camera, this seems like a good choice but wanted to know what people thought of them or if there were any problems (particularly need to know how robust they are).

Thanks in advance.

CMJ
If you decide to buy one make sure it is Sim free , Then you will have no problems using what ever Sim card you already have .
You can also keep the same mobile number
Sorry...that's just bollox....buy one on the cheapest contract that suits your needs, port your number, and then unlock the handset. There are plenty of free sites for unlocking Nokias on the web....FFS don't pay anyone to do it.

Or buy the cheapest pay as you go and do the same.

http://unlock.nokiafree.org/
http://www.unlockme.co.uk/
http://www.trycktill.com/eng/
 
#16
I have the W850i again very good phone, but if you go for a new sony try to get it on the O2 contract as they dont "brand" the phone with their own software, and as such you should have less issues with it..... I have it on o2 but friends have them on voda and orange and have had problem,s with the software.
 
#17
Lidl are doing the Motorola Razr V3 for 84.99 from 21/12. It's sim free and unlocked. Is this a good deal?
 
#18
Sounds like a good deal but I have heard a lot of bad things about Motorolas recent phones including the Razr.

As has been mentioned above Sim-free is the way forward. I'm planning on getting the k800i (sim free) then buying a pay as you go 3 sim card to stick in it. I like the look of all the bells and whistles 3 offer.
 
#19
I just swapped a RAZR V3 for a K800i. The sony is streets ahead in every department.

If you really want a RAZR then I have 2 at home, one pink (mine) and one black (for Mrs FJ)..they are locked to O2 but i will probably throw them on Ebay after Xmas and I am led to believe that unlocking is an easy job.

PS. I lied about the pink one being mine...honest.
 
#20
PartTimePongo said:
Lidl are doing the Motorola Razr V3 for 84.99 from 21/12. It's sim free and unlocked. Is this a good deal?
STAY WELL AWAY FROM THE V3i. It's fcuking shite.

I had mine 5 months and in the last 2 months it broke constantly.

I had the first one repaired twice and then replaced. The new one then broke a week after I got it. I had it repaired and it broke again the day after I picked it up.

Fcuking shite phones. First and ONLY time I've had a Motorola. Never again.
 

Similar threads

Top