Sony A580

Discussion in 'Photography' started by semper, Mar 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Chaps has anyone got this camera by any chance, how well does it compare to others and what photo editing software will work with this ?

Also best all round lens for general use ?

2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

havent heard anything bad about it - sony havent released any dogs as far as I know. tried looking for any online reviews?

as for lenses, certainly any Sony SLR lens will fit it and probably a lot of Minolta glass too. are you just buying the body and not a kit setup?
  3. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

I played with one of these at work the other day - easy to use though i found it a little bulky to hold but i have smallish hands,good menu settings and layout quick to work your way around, it has steadyshot apparantly but that was evident when i was using it, lcd panel that moves a little but not really a tilt one IMO just open or closed, the burst shoot function was a good find on a mid range camera, i could see that being used a lot - was £600 for the body and extra for lenses in the shop so still on the pricey side for me. Ill stick with my nikon for now
  4. I saw a deal from Germany with body, 18-55 and 55-200 lens bundled in for £645 with postage to the UK.

Online reviews are good, I would also like to hear real world opinions as well.