Sonic Weapon

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by DeadHorse, May 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it me, or does anyone else see the stupidity of deploying a sonic weapon on the Thames during the Olympics?
    If that Sega hedgehog gets them olympic rings in his sights he will bag the bloody lot. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bom tish. [​IMG]

He's here all weekend people, Beer is in the sink.
  3. Idontgeddit...
  4. Wah merchant!

5. It took me a moment but I think SOnic is the name of a hedgehog character in a childrens. Not entirely sure of this but a young Goodkid like computer games.
  6. I think you have just been wah'd. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Given the number of couch potato video game players this country has available for team selection,we could do well.
  8. Oh well, hey ho, was not the first time and will not be the last time.
  9. I don´t understand why we have had to buy yank kit when we have had for many years our own very effective version.
    BBC News - 'Sonic weapon' deployed in London during Olympics

Quote "The American-made Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) can be used to send verbal warnings over a long distance or emit a beam of pain-inducing tones."
    Ours has been doing that for many years so nothing new there

Quote "Some versions of the LRAD are capable of producing deafening sound levels of 150 decibels at one metre."
    I´ve known versions of ours that beat that.

Quote "But the device, which was used this week during Exercise Olympic Guardian, can also be used to broadcast verbal warnings, such as ordering crowds to disperse. "
    Ours can do that

Quote "The piercing beam of sound emitted by the device is highly directional. "
    Okay, they beat us on that point. Although our version is normally targeted at an individual, everybody in a very wide range knows that the weapon has been deployed and is affected by it.

Our version, the RSM´s voice ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  10. No wah. I'm a bit of a luddite. Never really got into video games in my younger years. I was to busy being a little cunt.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Get the WIFE version, all the above plus the ability to give looks that kill, and to launch plates, shoes or whatever's to hand so that they maim

"If ignorance is bliss, why are so many people pissed off?"
    Sent from my HTC Desire S...the only desire I've ever got
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Where have you been for the last 15 years? The reason we have been buying yank pish is because of Blair and his desire to get a green card, so he was licking yank arse until he could see a shine in it and then some.
  13. Not possible, too cruel, it would violate human rights laws.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. So lets see now. We have heavily armed men in Gucci looking fast boats; Machines that can shout at people and a big ship that can shoot cricket balls out of the sky.

I think that covers just about every eventuality.
  15. Wouldn't it have been more cost effective and much much scarier to just have The Snail with a bullhorn sitting on a high building in Olympicsville?