Sonic spot light

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chocolate_frog, Feb 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen a report on a sonic derrerant device, which looks like a normal spot light in shape, but has a speaker mounted in the front. It emits a noise that the under 20s can hear but us oldies can't!!!

Rochdale are wacked one up. The idea to keep the chavs out of areas where they can cause trouble I suppose.

Are they going to work or are they just pointless?

Can't find a link on them at the moment. But still looking.

Anyone know anything about htem?
  2. Sonic weapon

used recently off somalia
    The security staff on board the Seabourn Spirit also won Mr Ballard's praise.

"We train all the crew in how to adequately operate the device. This time the head of security was an ex-Gurkha from Nepal, and he made some good quick decisions."

ATC website
  3. To counter this abuse of Human Rights, Elizabeth Duke are working on some gold plated clown shaped ear defenders.....

These fluckers are deaf through their xtreme bass driven wheelz anyway init.
  4. i seen this on the tv the other day and it is due to the natural degrade of hearing which makes this work... nothing special really.. just a certain frequency that cant be heard by the old crustys... they showed two old blokes and two borstals stood in a room with this noise going and the chavs were screwing there faces up and had no effect on the old blokes...

however i was watching brainiac over christmas which claimed that a certain frequency made you kak your pants.... did anyone see that??
  5. £17k for a LRAD. How much will the parabolic reflector cost that the pirates will fit to their boat as a countermeasure?

Should provide some interesting feedback tones. :lol:
  6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The so called "Brown Note"

Mythbusters did a whole load of experiments on it and never got it to work.
  7. Yeah, they tried broadcasting it over Radio 1 but its didnt really have any effect. Some texted in but meh you couldn't tell :D