Sonic Booms in Sussex ?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by grimbo, Mar 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For the last couple of afternoons I've been hearing the type of concusion or boom we used to get of an evening when concorde used to come in from the States , its the type of noise you feel as much as hear and is also setting the pheasants off in the same way as concorde used to.
    Last one was couple of minutes ago , anyone else hearing these or know whats causing them ? Located in mid sussex so mining or quarying unlikely.
  2. Typhoon or similar supersonic jet maybe?
  3. Could be the after effects of my scrambled egg and baked bean lunch
  4. Those pesky peasants,,always getting upset at the slightest loud bang,,must be genetic.....
  5. Delete your post and put your tinfoil hat on before they come for you. Ruuuuuuun.
  6. Tis the ghost of Concorde! Its 2012!! We are dooomed I tell you.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. We are having a bit of a bash down in Handsworth, sorry about that, I'll get the MC to turn the stereo down.
  8. I suspect the French in cahoots with the Argies again ....
  9. Probably Ugly testing his new Grendel calibre rifle; some of these home loads can be a bit suspect
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Wasn't Ugly looking for some stuff to play baaang with a few weeks ago?

If he's not on the site he is blowing up shite.
  11. Seeing as Ugly is not a million miles from here and is strangly silent on the issue then we may have our answer .... I was thinking he may have heard the noises
  12. I know you youngsters are conditioned to the sound of itsy bitsy rifle fire but I'm surprised you're so worked up about the sound of the occasional shot from an L1A1. :)
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thanks for your kind thoughts but no it wasnt me, I think!
  14. IIRC, Concord wasn’t allowed to fly supersonic over land! That was one of the reasons it was never as successful as it should have been.