Sonic blaster is silenced to protect yob rights

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Taz_786, Mar 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now all we need is something to drive these bstards away!
  2. If the sonic blaster is not good enough, maybe a claymore would be more sufficeient.

This is daft. If they didn't want to hear the sound they shouldn't go where they are not allowed. It is that simple.
  3. FFS human rights, what a load of old bull. The fluffy jumper wearing loonies that dream all this crap up need shooting. Then we need to force feed their bodies to the bottom feeding leeches that feed off this crap - the Lawyers. Theres too much money in this kind of trivial rubbish and it perpetuates it to the point of ludicrousy - I mean, do we really think that these spotty little feckers have the nounce and ability to get this kind of thing doen themselves - NO. Some 'adult' or other is helping them and getting paid handsomely at the same time - prolly out of our tax monies in the name of 'public defence' or some such carp.........

Winds me right up - if you shouldn't be there, stay away then your loittle lugg'oles wont bleed you cretins.............
  4. As much as I would like to agree the problem here is not the "yoofs" hanging around it is the possible effect on innocent passersby that is causing the trouble.

Some young kid on a bike is cycling past, hears the noise and causes an accident in the traffic. Who gets the bill?

Young baby parked in pram outside the shop while mum goes inside to shop. Kid goes deaf/mental due to the noise.

Among other possible scenarios.
  5. Cyclists are exposed to sudden, loud and unexpected noises all the time - it's called traffic. I can't see that brief passing exposure to the sonic blaster is going to be any more distracting.

Personally, I'd question the sanity/responsibility of any mother leaving her child in a pram outside a shop which has a problem with yobs congregating near it.
  6. How would they know it was turned off?
  7. I never said they were sane. But in the "It must be someones fault. Gimme loads a money" culture in the UK the people who might end up paying (with your tax money btw) have to think about this type of thing.
  8. I hate to point out the obvious (actually, I quite enjoy it :D ), but why is the age set at 20?

Are we saying that all people under 20 are yobs and that everyone over 20 is a model citizen?

Seems a bit pump to me.
  9. Can wide mouth frogs hear it?
  10. Anyone over 20 is stone deaf! Or possibly tone deaf which is why pop music is aimed at teens?
  11. Or they are tone deaf listening to the pop music aimed at teens!!!:D
  12. Apparently its designed to kick in after around 10-15 mins so there is enough time for someone to walk in, browse and buy but not loiter
  13. I have to listen to Rap sh*t being played loudly! so does that infringe my human rights?
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Listened to an interview with the guy who invented this the other day on the World Service. It seems you don’t hear it for the first 10 minutes or so then your ears are able to detect the sound and it gets irritating, causing the youths to move away. Sounds like a great invention to me.