Songs you should experience...

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by PartTimePongo, Aug 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok this is the thread, where you tell fellow Arrsers their life is incomplete, because they've never heard this song and share your ecletic musical tastes...

To kick off

Geroge Gershwin - Sing, sing, sing

"Gershwin????? , PTP you old scrote" I hear you shout. Trust me, listen to it. It's durty , phat and I love it :D ....

Damn , where's my zoot suit.......

2. Vide Cor Meum Patrick Cassidy & Hans Zimmer.
  3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

4. Kid Creole and the Coconuts "Welcome to the lifeboat party"

Saw the concert at Hammersmith Odeon. Girlfriend at the time promised me I'd go home single if "I didn't put my eyes back in my f*****ing head and stop staring at those sluts" when the Coconuts came on.

The Kid came on , with Coati mundi doing his mad woman's sh*t thing and every female in da hous' got moist. Didn't hear her complaining then , oh no.
  5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I loved Kid Creole, 'Annie' and 'Stool Pigeon' (cha cha cha chaaa);)
  6. Don't you mean Benny Goodman?

And you haven't heard it until you've heard it played by a 300-strong marching band in front of 98,000 people. (Can send you an MP3 if you want.)
  7. Heresy! The only recording to have is the 1938 Carnegie Hall performance.
  8. Nobody should go to their grave without hearing Frank Zappa's rapturous quartet, Society pages-I'm a beautiful guy- beauty knows no pain-Charlie's enormous mouth, as played in a oner on "You can't do that on stage anymore, vol. 3"
  9. Point conceded.

On another note: The Stereophonics (when they weren't pants) at the Whisky a Go Go in Oct '99. Just 3 months after going to their "homecoming" gig in Morfa Stadium in Swansea with 40,000 other punters, I caught them in a club on Sunset Blvd in West Hollywood with a capacity crowd of 250. I swear they had the same sound system because my high range hearing hasn't been the same since. 8)
  10. Some older Arrsers may know, some may have forgotten, but - I suspect - most won't know of Viv Stanshall's "Sir Henry at Rawlinson End"; they should.

An absolute classic.

11. Crabby, send please! It has to be one of the most iconic compositions ever to my mind.

What's this 1938 version?

Next song for your listening delight

A la Claire Fontaine from the album Prose Combat by MC Solaar , that some might remember from the Kronenbourg advert a couple of years ago (2 lipstick lesbians in the bar) . Dark , dirty fantastic bass beat and my dance record of choice when 'tired and emotional'

C'est fantastique. lot of other MC Solaar stuff is pretty good too if you like Phat bass and clever rythms..
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Heathen !
  13. 'A Lap Dance Is So Much Better When The Stripper Is Crying' by The Bloodhound Gang.
  14. "Us" by Regina Spektor

great song, even better comedy name!