songs you just cannot listen to.

Does anyone else suffer from this?
I cannot under any circumstances listen to ' hey jude' not just because of macca, even though he is a cunt, also there was a song called "dizzy"by someone? cant remember at the moment but it was out about the same time as hey jude, I was in charge or the cpl's mess and as soon as it opened everyone who came in bought a pint an put something on the jukebox and it was always those two friggin records ,it drove me mad,
oh and "whiter shade of pale and all right now by the free" wtf were they about?

This was in the charts during basic training, Tp Cpl insisted on playing it over and over and over and over....
[video=youtube;PSh6SQd8UrI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSh6SQd8UrI[/video]

At a reunion of the troop 21 years later, nearly everyone said the song still drove them mad.

[video=youtube;Dl-ai9HuR60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl-ai9HuR60[/video]

If i had my way the fucking writer would be...

Woke up this morning
Closed in on all sides
Nothing doing
I feel resistance
As I open my eyes
Someone's fooling
I've found a way to break

Through this cellophane line
Cause I know what's going on
In my own mind
Am I living in a box
Am I living in a cardboard box

Am I living in a box
Am I living in a box
Life goes in circles
Around and around circulation
I sometimes wonder

What's moving underground
I'm escaping
I've found a way ...
I've found a way ...
Am I living in a box (living)

Am I living am I living am I living
Am I living am I living am I living
(In a box)
Am I living am I living
Am I living in cardboard box
Am I living in a box
Am I living am I living
Am I living in a box

Anything with a bass line,that tells me a twat in a car is coming,10 minutes before I see it,or indeed hear the engine! :threaten:

[video=youtube;Dl-ai9HuR60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl-ai9HuR60[/video]
My eldest was conceived to this ;-)

Rap, and any derivative of.

Anything by the Eagles, or by some dildo with Gansta or other ridiculous part to his/her/its name.

The vast majority of things written or covered after 1996, and a fair crop of that before.

Most popular culture is utter shite, for that matter. Made by arrseholes for cretins.

Anything with a bass line,that tells me a twat in a car is coming,10 minutes before I see it,or indeed hear the engine! :threaten:
I was sat in the traffic in Hereford the other week, and the pleb in the car in front of me had both windows wound down and 150dB of shitty dance music blaring out of his windows. The problem was, I also had my windows down because of the heat, and I wondered if people thought it was me. When he pulled away again I waited so they realised the source of the embarrassing shit music was not in fact my suave self. =-)

T

trowel

"Summertime" by Gershwin. The most dreary ,puke making, cut your wrists to , dirge ever. Sorry, I do know that some morons think that it is "classical" music and is therefore above reproach, but I say bollocks to them.

"Summertime" by Gershwin. The most dreary ,puke making, cut your wrists to , dirge ever. Sorry, I do know that some morons think that it is "classical" music and is therefore above reproach, but I say bollocks to them.
Fully agree with you,
and along the same lines...any finger snapping twat who sings "mack the knife" whilst thinking he's ultra cool.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Now That's What I Call NAAFI Bar 115
HantsTiger Military History and Militaria 0
B The NAAFI Bar 15