Songs that bring tears to your eyes....

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by EX_STAB, Mar 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Every now and then when you're feeling a bit maudlin there's nothing that sorts you out better than pretending you got a bit of grit in your eye.

Go on, let it go, have a good cry - you'll feel better afterwards.

Here are some that do it to me:

Willie McBride

Oh Very Young...
    Turn the video off...

The Lark Ascending Do watch the video for this.
  2. Is it my terminal or has arrse gone into the ground like a five furrowed plough.
  3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

4. Tracks of my tears
  5. I've seen that countless times and it does bring 'a piece of grit' to the eye every time.

Well reminded Sir!
  6. Anything by the Spice Girls (and other assorted manufactured pop tart, boy band type bands)....

Oh, you mean those sort of tears.
  7. "The Lark Ascending" I loved - reminded me of some of those WW2 posters in the IWM, "Your Britain - Fight For It Now". There are still parts of this country as beautiful as that, saw some of them in Wiltshire & Devon recently.
    Agree with "The Soldier" - whatever happened to Harvey Andrews?
    Here's a few of mine:
    "I Vow To Thee My Country" - Gustav Holst, The Planets Suite.
    "Nimrod" - Sir Edward Elgar.
    "One Fine Day" - Puccini, Madam Butterfly. I defy anyone to go to the opera & not have this aria bring a tear to their eye.
    "Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves" - Verdi, Nabucco.
    "Bring The Boys Home" - Freda Payne.
    "Stay With Me Till Dawn" - Judie Tzuke.
  8. 'Should I fall behind wait for me' - The Boss (Springsteen)
  9. 'Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Tallis' - Ralph Vaughn Williams used to good effect in the film, 'Master and Commander'. One of the most powerful orchestral pieces ever.
  10. Brothers in Arms - Dire Straights
  11. Yes it has , buddy. Yes it has.

Next we will be picking our favorite dolls.

By the way, mine comes assembled. And with batteries. Take a peek. Now this brings tears to my eyes. Especially when I have to go to the store at 2 a.m. to get more lube.

Attached Files: