Song lyrics - Arrse about face.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by error_unknown, Mar 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had a disagreement down the boozer last night.

One of the blokes was singing "Vincent" by Don Mclean at the bar. Now thats bad enough, but he got the lyrics wrong as well.

He insisted that the opening line is;

"Starry starry night, paint your pallet blue and grey".

I informed him, in a traditional, p*ssed up, know-it-all manner, that it was a matter of common knowledge that the first line of that song is;

"Starry starry night, paint your fanny black and white"

He wouldn't have it, the wanker. Does anyone else have mates that constantly get song lyrics arrse about face?
  2. yeah all the time!!

i am sure it starts
    "on the good ship venus by god you should have seen us
    yet the matelots say
    by god you were good you swabbie you
  3. I thought the song said 'Things can only get better' but my mate Tony swears blind that it says 'Fooled you all suckers'.
  4. This is known as a "MONDYGREEN" as in
    "They hae slain the Earl o' Moray and laid him on the green"or as everyone hears "they hae slain the Earl o' Moray and Lady MONDYGREEN" or in "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" where"the girl with colitis goes by".Anyway everyone knows that "Vincent" starts off with"TARRY TARRY SHITE"
  5. I was always convinced it stated tarry tarry shite, paint your boll0cks blue and grey
  6. Spending as much time drunk as you do Ace, I'm not surprised that you get confused. You frequently mistake the phrases "Move along now", " You're nor getting served in here looking like that" and "Is that smell coming from you" as an invitation to swamp yourself and shout obscenities at passing busses.
  7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Its BUSES, Ma. Have you lost your Janet and John dictionary?
  8. Still stalking me badass? you need a better hobby than stalking "drunks"
  9. What, like making QArrse look a right c*nt? There's no challenge there mate..............besides, Walters like you are more fun. Much more fun.
    So, why did you leave the mob?