Son doing Basic training at Pirbright

Hiya
Just thought I'd introduce myself. my names Sharon and I come from Staffordshire. I don't know ANYTHING about army life but am very willing to learn :D My son is in week 8 of his basic training at Pirbright. I'm missing him like mad (first time he's been away from home) :cry: . He's had a couple of dodgey weeks but is hanging in there. Looking forward to seeing him pass out in August. Hope to meet lots of other Mums etc in the same postion. x x

hi marina im not in same position but my boyfriend is in his first week of basic at bassingbourn, im new to all this too but these sites really do help, i dont want to sounds rude to people on here but i was advised to go onto sister site 'rear party' link is on top of page, its really good and everyones so nice, i dont want to sound like people on here are not because i havent spoke to people on here yet, but im sure everyone on either site would help.

marinamoonmunkee said:
Hiya
Just thought I'd introduce myself. my names Sharon and I come from Staffordshire. I don't know ANYTHING about army life but am very willing to learn :D My son is in week 8 of his basic training at Pirbright. I'm missing him like mad (first time he's been away from home) :cry: . He's had a couple of dodgey weeks but is hanging in there. Looking forward to seeing him pass out in August. Hope to meet lots of other Mums etc in the same postion. x x
Hi Sharon, both of you hang in there. Everybody has the same feeling about this so you are not alone
xx
8)