Sometimes they get it right?

Discussion in 'US' started by Steven, Jan 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I fear that the supply of ammo will run out long before the supply of idiots, however moving target practice is alway welcome.
    Targets will fall when hit.

Not sure what gun he was carrying, but 45acp hollowpoints sound like a good choice.
  2. He went jogging around midnight with £500 and a hand gun in his pocket? He obviously liked to live on the edge!
  3. And the muggers family are considering suing for overkill, apparently firing off 8 shots was over the top and un-necessary
  4. I'd say that was top drills.
  5. If I was asked why I'd shot him 8 times my reply would have been "it only holds 8 rounds"

Good on him
  6. Anyone else think he was out "dealing"?
  7. Apparently, he was out jogging because he wanted to get fit enough to join the Military. Sounds like the bloke has the potential to be a damn good soldier!
  8. Why am I thinking 'tethered goat'?
  9. seems a bit odd jogging out with a gun odd but its the US people do that.
    jogging with $500 very odd.
    mind you still removed a scumbag so fair does
  10. I think he needs to perfect the art of the 'double tap', then he'd be able to drop 4 wasters with his 8 rounds.
    But good drills none the less!
  11. If it was up to me, the muggers family would have to reimberse him for the ammunition.
  12. He hit him with only half his rounds at 2', sniper material he aint.
  13. 'That person has the right to use deadly force. They don't have to retreat. They can use deadly force to protect themselves. The key is that belief has to be reasonable.'

I have heard of this principle before from US colleagues. Normally it applies to homes and the thinking is that you should not have to run from that which is yours and leave it unprotected. Seems sensible to me.