Something goes bang near Iranian nuclear plant

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CrapSpy, Feb 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

There is confusion over the cause of a blast near Iran's only nuclear plant.

It is thought a fuel tank dropped from a plane may have been the cause of the explosion.

State TV initially said an unknown aircraft fired a missile in a deserted area near Dailam.

"A powerful explosion was heard this morning on the outskirts of Dailam in the Bushehr province," state TV said.

"Witnesses said that the missile was fired from an unknown plane 20 km (12 miles) from the city."

Other witnesses said they heard an explosion and saw a plane overhead.

The nuclear plant, being built with Russian help, is 90 miles from the city.

Local officials have been despatched to the site to identify the cause of the explosion, according to Arab-language television Al-Alam.

Iranian Interior Ministry spokesman said he could not confirm reports anti-aircraft fire had been shot off near the plant.

Israel said it was not involved and Russia said there had been no attack on the plant.

Oil prices rose sharply after news of the explosion.

2. ....ah yes, otherwise known as a laser-guided bomb :twisted: (no wait, if that were the case it would probably have missed) :evil:
  3. Sub-Text here is US Futures markets down and crude prices up. Wait for the price rise at the pumps.
  4. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Probably BP or Shell then :wink:
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Fcuk my ole boots ....I need to get out more......I actually started to bite on that one....sorta

<< Don't knock it, they're making more money than some European nations.....if they wanted to hire every ex SF bloke in Mid East and start a war, funding would NOT be an issue >>

...and then I thought << helicopters? TESLA death-rays? NAH....>>

The trouble with conspiracy theories is the more you read them the more credulous you get.

Le Chevre :?

PS - remember good old OpTELIC ? The US were going to call it

6. Looks like everyone's getting just a little nervous....and then there's this!

Will somebody tell chimp boy that when your balls are between her teeth, slapping her is not a sound strategic option?
  7. Not much chance of it being a Predator drone, gone into self destruct mode, could it?
  8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Nope to deliberate attk- and whilst the US are stupid, even they realise that they can't kick off with anyone else at the mo. With the Asura festival coming up in Iraq and est a couple of million pilgrims about to march into the country, they have enough in their plate. They will be hard pushed to do what they need to do to get out of Iraq without stirring up hornets nest across the border.

Maybe next year 8O
  9. You are furnishing the spams with common sense and logic thought. However a moronic megalomaniac might consider doing it.
    On reflection your probably right
  10. I heard on the news that the Iranian govt have denied that there was any explosion at all. Who is telling the truth?

I dont think the yanks are that willing to kick of the fireworks against Iran just yet.