Something From History You Probably Never Knew...

Jeanne d'Arc, liberated Orléans on this day, 1429
Sorry I don't want to contradict you LPC but I think you will find OMD released the song as a single in about 1980/81, certainly not 1429; most of the band weren't even born then.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Nobody seems to have mentioned that today is VE Day.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Nobody seems to have mentioned that today is VE Day.
I refer the Right Honorable Gentleman to my post #4,618...

WSC waving he crowd on V-E Day.jpg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

4(T)

LE
RT doing the usual on how the USSR smashed the Nazis.

Putin, in his Victory Day speech, threatening those seeking to re-write (the orthodox Soviet version of) history.

I suppose thats why this year's theme is 80th Anniversary of the start of the war. Apparently nothing happened prior to 22 June 1941.

I guess historians and researchers will have to wait another generation or so before delving into the archives.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Putin, in his Victory Day speech, threatening those seeking to re-write (the orthodox Soviet version of) history.

I suppose thats why this year's theme is 80th Anniversary of the start of the war. Apparently nothing happened prior to 22 June 1941.

I guess historians and researchers will have to wait another generation or so before delving into the archives.
I noticed a full page article in the Times, about how our new tank has a bigger bangy thing than their Armata
and how rubbish the Armata is
I do hope the great leader gets to see a copy

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm assuming they skipped over the bit about how they came this close to losing?

And how they were in joint development of tanks until late 30s, that they were committed to supply oil to the Nazis once the war had started, that they were warned exactly what was coming. That's just for starters.

Pity the poor Russians - lied to then, lied to now, and still signing up ... fcuking muppets.

Latest Threads