Something From History You Probably Never Knew...

" he was afraid of all the wronged British husbands and boyfriends he'd have to avoid when they were de-mobbed."
as they used to say in Lancashire
"if Bob's your Uncle who's your Father ? "

john

'

Something I didn't know about history, until about ten years ago, was the Peterloo Massacre (A little bit over-dramatised) in Manchester. That might not be so strange until you consider that I grew up in Stretford and many of my antecedents would have been inolved. It was just never mentioned...at all...ever.

Are you thinking of Baronet Oswald Ernald Mosley?

Michael Mosley of BBC TV is his grandson - and as affable a guy in person as he is on screen.......I spent a fortnight with him in Camp Bastion some while ago.

Yes but according to my Gran he always referred to him as our great leader Edward. I have no idea why and she’s long since passed. I thought I would continue with the family tradition. Although I have no idea why ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
A family full of republican, catholic’s with a huge chip on their shoulder about a united Ireland. Trust me you would hate them. When I joined up they were over the moon.
And sent a grammar blind leprechaun with a sackful of punctuation to help you through life.

And sent a grammar blind leprechaun with a sackful of punctuation to help you through life.
That would have been funny about 10 years ago. Your one of those people with nothing of importance to say, but feel the need to speak. Even though when you open your mouth no one listens. I’ve a got a programme that checks grammar and spelling. Just like you I don’t pay much attention to it, because it frankly just doesn’t matter.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Yokel Health and Fitness 2
A The NAAFI Bar 35
Provost Cookery 49