Something for Walters to bear in mind when Walting...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tommy, Jan 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Britain's oddest laws revealed

Walking home from a DIY shop with a ladder, dressing as a sailor or disturbing people by flying a kite, could all be illegal in Britain under antique laws, it has emerged.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7066783/Britains-oddest-laws-revealed.html

£500 too lenient, perhaps? Maybe throw in a sound beating?

2. But the 1906 Act is prior to the RAF so one could lawful walt as RAF, though that isn't aspiring to walt very much now is it?

3. The Uniforms Act 1894 bans the wearing of any item of uniform except for public performances or reenactments, so walting as a RAF is banned too. Of course it'd have to be quiet for plod to start nicking all those builders wearing 95 trousers.

4. In light of the above, I ammend my earlier post as follows:

Walting as RAF, though that isn't aspiring to walt very much now is it?

:twisted:

5. Maybe but this law must've been superseeded else how are army surplus stores allowed to trade?

6. What about all those stripping-policewoman-grams: do they get done for walting too? Or have they gone out of fashion since the 80s?

7. I'm pretty sure I've read about strippers being arrested for impersonating a police officer, in the last couple of years.

8. With respect to the seior service, what kind of man goes to a stag party in a sailor's outfit?

9. So did dwarf hurling, and you don't see any dwarf walts.

10. In fairness to the strippers at least they are removing the uniform. As long as they take everyting off, fair play to them.

11. Someone from 3 PARA Mortars!

12. It should be an offence for serving members of the RAF to wear uniform. Bloody walts the lot of em!!

13. Stage parties held in the blue oyster bar. Or so im told.

14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

The Uniforms Act 1894 is still very much valid - but....

To be found guilty, you would almost certainly have to be doing it to gain some sort of advantage - such as a peuiary one, like asking for a discount at a shop somewhere, or entrance to some place you could not otherwise enter, or something like that. It's still being used, I know of at least one example.

15. Elton John's stag do?