Something for the Cabin Crew

Did you try and make the place open plan? Fit some shelves? Install a wet room?
I think he rewired the sockets in the club lounge.

1635345045923.png

jinxy

LE
Not an upgrade, but a seat swap. I was on a BA flight back to the UK from Miami, boarded, found my seat and strapped in. I was sat next to an elderly lady. She was pleasant and started a conversation, the plane was still boarding, when a stewardess approached me and asked if I would swap seats, as her husband was the other end of the aircraft.

I agreed and we swapped. I was very well looked after by the cabin crew that flight.

G4Star

On ROPS
On ROPs
I always found the best way to get better service / better seat / free trips was just to bang a stewardess for a decent airline.

Aaah Sarah... Such fun times. Though I think even she was surprised at the damage a squaddie, unfamiliar with the etiquette of the Club lounge, could do in the space of an hour.

ETA: This was fourteen years ago. Do you think time enough has passed to post her pic in my dessie gear? Hmm..
Was "Sarah" from BA out of LHR on Long Haul?
Or did I have a liaison with another Sarah from BA a year later?

RaiderBoat

War Hero
We always fly First on long hauls…he’ll, even short hauls. I hate cattle car seating, and make the flight part of the trip to enjoy. Better service. No fuktards seated next to you. Booze, snacks, full meals, movies, all in our nice quiet cabin space.

Nothing wrong with it. At all. Just work a little extra and budget for it.

We always fly First on long hauls…he’ll, even short hauls. I hate cattle car seating, and make the flight part of the trip to enjoy. Better service. No fuktards seated next to you. Booze, snacks, full meals, movies, all in our nice quiet cabin space.

Nothing wrong with it. At all. Just work a little extra and budget for it.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it if you have money to burn, but paying for First Class flights seems a little extravagant to me. Flying First Class return from London to Los Angeles is going to cost around £25K with BA for a couple, although you can do it a bit cheaper with American Airlines.

B42T

LE
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it if you have money to burn, but paying for First Class flights seems a little extravagant to me. Flying First Class return from London to Los Angeles is going to cost around £25K with BA for a couple, although you can do it a bit cheaper with American Airlines.

You are forgetting that almost everyone on arrse is a millionaire, the little fibbers.

Is it really worth it for 3 better meals and a few hours better sleep. 3 better meals at a grand per meal? If you do get a BC seat its either get some sleep or binge on the food, drinks and films. Either or, not both.

There are normally 3 classes, First, Business and economy.

The best way to get upgraded is to dress like a business traveler rather than a tourist.

In Asia.

Oh, and be white.

Dressing vaguely smartly and being nice to check-in might is your best chance of swinging an upgrade..even in Europe. They might tag you as SFU :oops::oops: - Suitable for Upgrade…in the system and then if there is a need to move folks forward before boarding due to overbooking “down the back” then you might get a nice surprise at the gate…

Chocolates in themselves probably won’t do the trick, and last time I was involved in all this on board upgrade of commercial passengers by cabin crew, along with the motive for the upgrade, was supposed to be recorded on the iPad of doom for subsequent examination by the morale police…err…management…….

This wasn’t helped by some eagle eyed loyalty card holders who would happily e-Mail HQ if they didn’t get an upgrade but saw somebody else getting one…

End result where I was that on board upgrades were not done as often as in the olden days and you had to really think about whether you could justify the move if asked into the office to explain..

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Quite a few people (like me) go on holiday using business class. Thailand via Dubai sets me back 5 or 6 k.
Even that notorious cheap northern monkey, Jarrod uses business class.
I can understand why you may want to break your journey but EVA direct from London to Bangkok is under £3500 for Business Class. Very good carrier too. (@jarrod248 )

I tried being friends with some flight attendants thinking they'd get me upgrades, instead they just fucked me.

(HT to Frankie!)

I got fcuked by the BA crew from Gatwick to the Maldives.

I paid for extra legroom seats, only to find that when we boarded there was no extra legroom seats left.
Apparently they were allocated on a first come first served basis.
To people who hadn't paid any extra.

Same score on the return flight.

Proper fcuked.

The cabin crew wouldn't have a bar of it.

BA customer service wouldn't have a bar of it. Refused to refund the money I paid them for goods and services they couldn't/wouldn't provide.

That used to be called fraud, I believe.

I only got my money back from the travel agent as a 'gesture of goodwill'.